Contribute
Register

[Guide] Yosemite (10.10.X) on Lenovo Y580 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yosemite (10.10.X) on Lenovo Y580

RehabMan,
when I put all tables in one folder for iasl patching I need all tables or only SSDTs/DSDT?

RehabMan,
when I put all tables in one folder for iasl patching I need all tables or only SSDTs/DSDT?

Only SSDTs/DSDT.

OK RechabMen I'll write down how am I doing:
1. Chamaleon from HDD and Chimera from HDD don't work. Probably your suggested switch to Clover is irrevocable.
2. Wi fi works (better than in 10.9.5 where sometimes - two times a day more or less went astray and I had to restart it. Especially when I used it hard transferring big files) Now rock stable.
3. Audio: I am really full of admiration seeing how much work you made in MaciASL.
I found AppleHDA.kext suitable for the sound chip I made DSDT tchree patches (Lenovo y580, Audio Layout 12 and IRQ fix).
WORKS! And maybe it's my delusion but sound is better than before (in the same headphones?)

I'm very happy! Thanks again.

4. I see now that my battery icon is not working correctly (dont reflect power plugin and usage of battery)

OK RechabMen I'll write down how am I doing:
1. Chamaleon from HDD and Chimera from HDD don't work. Probably your suggested switch to Clover is irrevocable.

With proper configuration, any bootloader will work.

4. I see now that my battery icon is not working correctly (dont reflect power plugin and usage of battery)

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

RehabMan,
when i open SSDT4.dsl file i see 4 errors (all in method MXMX) and some warnings.
I found your post about this method - and delete it. when I compile after deleting it looks good (no errors - can save/convert to aml). But after i convert file to .aml and open it - see 2 new errors.
Really don't know what to do nexto_O

both files below

Attachments

• ssdt4.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 76

RehabMan,
when i open SSDT4.dsl file i see 4 errors (all in method MXMX) and some warnings.
I found your post about this method - and delete it. when I compile after deleting it looks good (no errors - can save/convert to aml). But after i convert file to .aml and open it - see 2 new errors.
Really don't know what to do nexto_O

both files below

Your mistake was opening an AML directly and expecting it to compile without errors.

RehabMan,
I did like you sad:
1. Applied all changes and fixes in dsl format, then compilrd to aml
2. Found your info #17 and delete _DSM Method from SSDT.
3. Added this SSDT-1 in Extra folder.

And.. Nothing works. I still see GeForce in Graphics devices.:banghead:

My new ioreg is below

Attachments

• SSDT-4_new.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Y580-MAC.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 84

RehabMan,
I did like you sad:
1. Applied all changes and fixes in dsl format, then compilrd to aml
2. Found your info #17 and delete _DSM Method from SSDT.
3. Added this SSDT-1 in Extra folder.

And.. Nothing works. I still see GeForce in Graphics devices.:banghead:

My new ioreg is below

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

RehabMan,
Here all files what you asked.

P.S. I always use IORegistry 2.1 from SL.

Attachments

• patchmatic_tables.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Y580-MAC.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back