Contribute
Register

[Guide] Yosemite 10.10.2 on HP Probook 4520s (i3, clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the exact same spec and I use This Guide on OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 and its works perfectly fine.

[Guide] Yosemite 10.10.3 on HP Probook 4520s (i3, clover)
My laptop shuts itself off during installation at 14 minutes remaining.Please help??

My laptop shuts itself off during installation at 14 minutes remaining.Please help??

From where did you download Yosemite?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

My laptop shuts itself off during installation at 14 minutes remaining,Please help??|

I Have provided my information.I downloaded yosemite from app store in vmware el capitan.I used unibeast 5.2.0 to create bootable usb and removed intelhdgraphics.kext and intelhdgraphicsfb.kext.But when it is installing on my disk it crashes at 14 minutes remaining and laptop shuts off..[/QUOTE]

I Have provided my information.I donloaded yosemite from app store in vmware el capitan.I used unibeast 5.2.0 to create bootable usb and removed intelhdgraphics.kext and intelhdgraphicsfb.kext.But when it is installing on my disk it crashes at 14 minutes remaining and laptop shuts off..

You did not read the guide very carefully...

Note: DO NOT use a VM to create your USB. VMs are known to create invalid/corrupt USB installers. Use real hardware to create your USB installer.

Are you sure VM is the issue??Is it possible that i used unibeast 5.2.0 instead of 6 created the problem?

Ok thanks.I will try clover and then keep you updated.Great support. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back