Contribute
Register

[Guide] Yosemite 10.10.2 on HP Probook 4520s (i3, clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should fix the issue, but you also need a patched and working DSDT.

You also need the replace the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext with the ones you can find over here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

and download use the correct link width for your laptop, and then change the info.plist in the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.

this "should" make it work (i can not say that it will work but it might), i will still stick to what i have in my guide about using clover patching instead of replacing kexts.

(as a side note it took me and rehabman about a week or two of diagnosing the sleep problem to get it to wake up).

Hybernation off, darkwake=0 in AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext info.plist file and change:
PowerStates = 0
RenderStandby = 0
this should fix the sleep problem... but no success?

Did you rebuild cache after making that change?

Yes I am clear a cache, but with check debug in Clover, and AppleIntelGraphicsFB is not pached.
What is diference in kext 10.10.2 to 10.10.4? How to fix that?
How to see what kext use IntelHD graphics, QE CI works, sleep goes to blinking power and off.
When power on, powers HP sound works but no display out? Problem with inter LVDS recognition? In clean istall of Yosemite 10.10.4 sleep dont work only freeze a display (on second partition backup), I am using the same Clover on EFI partition with same DSDT? I dont have SDDT?

thesymbol, so you purposefully changed Wireless Network Adapter on HP Probook 4520s to Atheros AR9285?

Some may come with it.

thesymbol, so you purposefully changed Wireless Network Adapter on HP Probook 4520s to Atheros AR9285?
Mine came with it.
Edit: i do not know exactly when i bought the 4520s but i think it was back in 2009 or 2010.
but i have only done ram and ssd upgrade on it nothing else.

mine not, and I doubt his too
am I'll be able to replace it? There is no 64b Kext available for Ralink RT3090.

AR9285 (may need to be HP branded) are easy to find on ebay...

To get the installer to boot or the installed system on the hdd?

Installed Yosemite on HDD.

Then the minimum steps to take (by removing graphics drivers, save them for later use tho):
Remove (or move to desktop):
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
And install:
FakeSMC.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext (for mouse).

Do note that the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext's are needed for the Hacked versions so save them when you try and do the clover patching on-the-fly. (also in the guide). they are needed to get the graphics card working correctly, as without them you will have a sluggish hackintosh.

yes but that is kind of a given, since without a bootloader it will never boot, i just put up the minimum amount of stuff you need to do AFTER you have a bootloader installed.

hello,
i have followed this guide to install El Capitan on 4520s with 1st gen i3 CPU/VGA
i struggle with

1. audio whatever i did i got no sound, tried clover settings, patched kexts, vanilla applehda, audiopatching scripts but still no audio.
2. i have only 1 USB port working. strange thing is if i load the clover loader from USB drive that port is active, if i boot clover from HDD another port is active so the ports are working fine.

can you please advice on what should i try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back