Contribute
Register

[Guide] Yosemite 10.10.2 on HP Probook 4520s (i3, clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... Didn't realize you had copied my code.

I just thought it was easier to keep all the patches i applied (yours and the ones that you helped me create) in one repository and only keep the 4520s valid patches in my repository, if you want me to remove your patches i can do so and only keep the ones i have created with your help in my repository.

Sorry i was refering to the Rehabman's Laptop DSDT Patches repository. I wasn't aware it was renamed.

Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion.

I just thought it was easier to keep all the patches i applied (yours and the ones that you helped me create) in one repository and only keep the 4520s valid patches in my repository, if you want me to remove your patches i can do so and only keep the ones i have created with your help in my repository.

No that's fine. Forking is a common technique with open source.

I have HP 4520s i3, but I can't boot to installation! With Unibeast do not start to load bootloader? After installing clover on unibeast loads, but after loads some kext goes to restart. I have Intel HD 1st generation graphics on my i3!
TheSymbol >> Can you give me yours settings for Clover and yours kext for intel hd grafics, we have a same machine. :)
I need : clover ver and config, intel hd kext or i will delete the original ones, and DSDT. We have same machine.

Thanks in advance!

I have HP 4520s i3, but I can't boot to installation! With Unibeast do not start to load bootloader? After installing clover on unibeast loads, but after loads some kext goes to restart. I have Intel HD 1st generation graphics on my i3!

Read post #1, section 7.

You could also follow the main Clover guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Set a FakeID/IntelGFX to bogus id 0x12345678. You can do so from the Clover GUI.

TheSymbol >> Can you give me yours settings for Clover and yours kext for intel hd grafics, we have a same machine. :)
I need : clover ver and config, intel hd kext or i will delete the original ones, and DSDT. We have same machine.

Thanks in advance!

Did you follow the instructions in pre-installation?
I used unibeast to boot the installation never used clover for that part.
Also you can try to set different BIOS settings since that might help in booting.
Try:
UEFI: off
HP DayStarter: off
HP QuickLook: off
Preboot Authentication on HP QuickLook Boot: off
HP QuickWeb: off
HP QuickWeb: Write Protect: off
Wake on USB: off
DriveLock/Anti Theft: off
Legacy USB Support: on
and the reset of the options leave them as default (reset BIOS settings if you do not work with a default BIOS configuration).

EDIT: see rehabmans post above mine, might also help (he knows alot more about this than i do).

Wow thanks for answers, yes I am reset bios, all security off UEFI off only USB legacy off, virtualization off. I am using a Yosemite Clover version, and UniBeast wont boot I think that Uni use a Chimera moded Chameleon.Chameleon boot but restart.
I will try Clover legacy

For Clover legacy, run the Clover Installer package:
- select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (we need to change some of the default options)
- "Install for UEFI booting only" will be unchecked
- "Install Clover in the ESP" will be unchecked
- in "Bootloader", check "Install boot0ss in MBR"
- "CloverEFI" should be checked
- check "Bluemac" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)

on my 8GB MBR boot with manual making Yosemite install. I will post results, thanks for FakeID/IntelGFX to bogus id 0x12345678
Thank thesymbol and RehabMan you are a legend! U still have 4530s with Full HD moded LVDS? Dream machine!

...U still have 4530s with Full HD moded LVDS? Dream machine!

Still have the 4530s, but moved the 1080p screen to my 4540s.

For now no success.
1. Formated my usb 8gb mbr, manual prepare osx yosemite
2. install clover
3. del IntelHD kexts and IntelHDFB kext
4. Boot but loads some kext in verbose mode and stops with a sing white STOP!
My HP 4520s is CPU Mobile DualCore Intel Core i3-350M, 2266 MHz (17 x 133) GPU is in attachment
What I doing wrong? Clover is newest one with settings provided in tutorial how to set clover.

With fake ID I have the same problem.

Attachments

• hp4520sgpu.jpg
    hp4520sgpu.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 190
For now no success.
1. Formated my usb 8gb mbr, manual prepare osx yosemite
2. install clover
3. del IntelHD kexts and IntelHDFB kext
4. Boot but loads some kext in verbose mode and stops with a sing white STOP!
My HP 4520s is CPU Mobile DualCore Intel Core i3-350M, 2266 MHz (17 x 133) GPU is in attachment
What I doing wrong? Clover is newest one with settings provided in tutorial how to set clover.

With fake ID I have the same problem.

Boot verbose, show photo.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back