Contribute
Register

[Guide] Yosemite 10.10.2 on HP Probook 4520s (i3, clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all thank you for this awesome guide, you must be working hard so the guide be like this at the end.

But unfortunately I still have no voice on my "Hackbook", And also the graphics are very slow and the window frame (close, minimize, .... buttons) took along time to appear so I think the Intel graphics card isn't installed.

I followed your guide step by step, except the DSDT part, I didn't know how to install iAsl so when I write the commands line in the terminal it shows that it's unknown command.

Can you help me with that ?

Update 1 : I fix the sound issue by the kext VoodooHDA v0.2.1
And when try to open Dvd Player it shows error :
"A valid video device could not be found for playback [-70017]

MahmoudEG said:
First of all thank you for this awesome guide, you must be working hard so the guide be like this at the end.

But unfortunately I still have no voice on my "Hackbook", And also the graphics are very slow and the window frame (close, minimize, .... buttons) took along time to appear so I think the Intel graphics card isn't installed.

I followed your guide step by step, except the DSDT part, I didn't know how to install iAsl so when I write the commands line in the terminal it shows that it's unknown command.

Can you help me with that ?

Update 1 : I fix the sound issue by the kext VoodooHDA v0.2.1
And when try to open Dvd Player it shows error :
"A valid video device could not be found for playback [-70017]

Sounds like you have not installed the graphics card correctly.
Either you download the patched .kexts or use my guides way and inject the information during boot with clover.

As for voodooHDA it is possible to solve it with injecting during boot with clover aswell but you might have to figure out your values since mine are just what worked for me.

Updated the guide with iASL install info to make it a bit more clear.

Yeah thanks alot, I did the DSDT patch exactly as the guide now

And sure I tried your patched kext and I still get the same error.

I'm thinking about making fresh install and start from the beginning

did you also do the clover settings correctly? the DSDT patching dosent fix the graphics or sound, it only helps out with those problems, but the clover settings are suppose to fix the sound and graphics and sleep mode. but then again you might have a slightly different laptop and then none of the settings are going to work.

there is a much lengither guide on how to install graphics on the 1st generation intel CPUs over here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/
when i wrote this guide the clover section of his guide was not finished and so i have made my own setup for the 4520s with i3 cpu.
his guide is a bit messy but read it a few times and you should be good to go.

Actually I have the exactly the same 4520s, even the ram upgrade.Anyway I'm setting it up again and I'll pay more attention on the Clover Configreation.I'll let you know if any thing comes upThank you for your help and quick respond.

Just ask away if you got any more questions.
I will try and reply as fast as i can.

Its easier to use a Tool for it but its also possible to manually copy the kexts to "/System/Library/Extensions" and then fix permissions and clear cache.

You can use any kext utility just aslong as they drop the kexts in s/l/e so it is also possible to use kextbeast from tonymacx86. Just follow instructions on how to use it when downloading it.

Still no sleep. HP goes to sleep but dont wake a display?
Hybernation off, darkwake=0 in AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext info.plist file and change:
PowerStates = 0
RenderStandby = 0
this should fix the sleep problem... but no success? What is must to sleep to work? How to read log to have a clue what is wrong with my hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back