Contribute
Register

[Guide] Yosemite 10.10.2 on HP Probook 4520s (i3, clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give me yours EFI in zip with yours kexts in others folder, and then I will mod Clover with Clover preference panel, to put fake ID, set SMBios etc. Just asking...
Last time HP give me a ball in left corner after I put some IntelHDFB for 10.10.4 Yosemite Dual link, alternative2. But no moving mouse or seeing installer.

I will try Clover legacy again...

For Clover legacy, run the Clover Installer package:
- select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (we need to change some of the default options)
- "Install for UEFI booting only" will be unchecked
- "Install Clover in the ESP" will be unchecked
- in "Bootloader", check "Install boot0ss in MBR"
- "CloverEFI" should be checked
- check "Bluemac" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)

and this
Preparing essential kexts

Remove EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, leaving just 'Other'

Copy essential kexts to the 'Other' directory (FakeSMC, GenericUSBXHCI, VoodooPS2Controller). You only need the kexts that allow you to boot and operate the installer. Other kexts that you might use in the final installation can wait.

I always use my own versions of these kexts:
FakeSMC.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek
VoodooPS2Controller.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller
GenericUSBXHCI.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

I will post results!

Attachments

• ball left corner stuck.jpg
    ball left corner stuck.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 223
When i later switched to clover in the guide i only used the FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext, i skipped the GenericUSBXHCI.kext

And i use clover in legacy mode since you disabled UEFI in BIOS you can not install clover with UEFI.
Hence the installation instructions in my guide for how i got clover to work on the 4520s. (check point 9.2 in the the guide).

Success Yosemite 10.10.4 is runing on HP4520s. After installing Clover legacy I put kexts in 10.10 folder not Other only FakeSMC and VoodooPS2 kexts and istaller is worked!
For quick fix for GPU I am using intelHD patched kexts for my ver 10.10.4,and injectIntel in Clover, Wifi and LaN works, only Sound don't.
How to fix sound only DSDT or some kext, and need to set SSDT for power mng. my fan is noisy!
Any hints, thanks thanks!
Is little slow but for first laptop hackintosh is not that bad ;)

RehabMan thank you again, my next plan is to buy HP4530s or some Better probook to hackintoshing. My 6540b (radeon 9555 ID) is going out ;( (no success with that GPU).

thesymbol thanks for hints, and do u have DSDT and SSDT for HP4520s?

Attachments

• hp yose.jpg
    hp yose.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 280
I have make DSDT for HP 4520s, pached fan controls works great, still no sound, I try with Dummy.kext and AppleHDA , patch for codec,but still no sound. When I put Layout 0x0C (12) no sound. In system say IntelHDA layout 0?

I have make DSDT for HP 4520s, pached fan controls works great, still no sound, I try with Dummy.kext and AppleHDA , patch for codec,but still no sound. When I put Layout 0x0C (12) no sound. In system say IntelHDA layout 0?

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Also, post AppleHDADummy.kext you're using.

I fix audio, with patched kext (in zip) and DSDT to set layout 12, and audio works, but fans are noisy and sleep dont work?
Goes to sleep and wake up but screen is off, but sound is working :) , can't wake up from ext mouse or touchpad, only Power button!
What I must to do to fix that
Clover set to
- AppleRTC check
- ASUS AICPUPM check ?
Thanks , and Maps dont work, shows a blank maps, but position is working (QE/CI problem)?

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
  • yose.png
    yose.png
    306.1 KB · Views: 199
I get the feeling you have not read the guide fully since you should NOT have to use any other kexts than the HackAppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, HackAppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, DummyHDA.kext and ProBookARPT.kext and you should NOT restart your computer from steps 9.2 to 9.5 since during this you are configuring clover, installing kexts and patching dsdt.
And during 9.4 we install HackAppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and HackAppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext that is ment to fix sleep problem with edited plist.info (nothing else)
And during clover install we are pointing to the HackAppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and HackAppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext when we set IntelGFX = 0x01228086.
Have you installed these kexts?
Have you done the Devices -> Add Properties part of the guide?
Have you done the Kernel and Kext Patches part?

All of those steps in the guide are for fixing graphics, sleep and the audio, so you do not need to replace the original apple kexts so you would be able to update without having to redo all the work you just done.

But if you just want to fix sleep and not be able to update your hackintosh you only need to edit the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext info.plist file and change:
PowerStates = 0
RenderStandby = 0
this should fix the sleep problem but remember you will not be able to update without having to redo these changes every time.

Also you can not fix the wakup from touchpad/mouse, keyboard or lid as there is some problem with detecting the devices when in sleep, i have not looked into fixing it as i do not get bothered by pressing the power button.

I am reading your topic HP4520S ... right now I think is problem with AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext need to be mooded with
PowerStates = 0
RenderStandby = 0

I will try this later :)

And during clover install we are pointing to the HackAppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and HackAppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext when we set IntelGFX = 0x01228086. ->these kext are in S/L/E installed, repaired permision YES
Have you installed these kexts? ->YES
Have you done the Devices -> Add Properties part of the guide? ->YES in Clover on EFI
Have you done the Kernel and Kext Patches part? ? NO I will see it later today. ;) I did not seeing a pic for this patcing!

Name | Find | Replace
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB 498B8424980600000FB64018C1E013410B466C 418B466C25FFFFC7FF0D000000009090909090
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB 0D3C033080 0D00033080
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB 0F45C8 909090
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB B800600009 B800600008
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB 498B8424980600000FB64018C1E013410B4668 418B466825FFFFC7FF0D000000009090909090
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB 49C70701000000 49C70700000000
IOAHCIBlockStorage 004150504C452053534400 0000000000000000000000

I will post a video if it works, thank you very much! Are maps works for you?

Sadly maps do not work for me, i have not bothered with that either since i do not use it.
But it might be that its 1st gen intel graphics and since it is not compatible with unmodified apple drivers.

"YES in Clover on EFI" do you mean you have only done it when you installed clover with EFI? or did you also do it when you did it with clover legacy?

"
I did not seeing a pic for this patcing!" The pics are examples on how it might look like, you should follow the tables in the guide for what is going to be inputed in the fields not the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back