Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

Yes, the one in ACPI/parched hasn’t added USBX yet, because I am not sure the attached one with newly added USBX is correct, so I'm not using it yet. Can you check if the attached one is correct?

Thanks again.

You must attach "problem reporting" files that represent the scenario you're testing.

Can you check USBX in my UIAC is correctly added?

Attachments

• hackmac101.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 79
my AppleBusPowerController info.plist isn't showing a AppleBusPowerControllerUSB section.. all mine is showing is this:C"

Your question/issue is covered in post #1.
Read it carefully.

So if I see EC, then I need to add the SSDT into my current SSDT-usb.aml? I seen that it is not for 8086_a12f?
Your question/issue is covered in post #1.
Read it carefully.
I have read, but I’m confused as I followed the guide but there is no AppleBusPowerControllerUSB in AppleBusPowerController.kext but under AppleBusPowerController it shows “EC”

So if I see EC, then I need to add the SSDT into my current SSDT-usb.aml? I seen that it is not for 8086_a12f?

I have read, but I’m confused as I followed the guide but there is no AppleBusPowerControllerUSB in AppleBusPowerController.kext but under AppleBusPowerController it shows “EC”

Without problem reporting files to help explain your questions, I cannot answer.
For example, there is no possible way for me to infer what content you might have in your SSDT-USB.aml.

Post #1 clearly explains why you might see AppleBusPowerController instead of AppleBusPowerControllerUSB.

Without problem reporting files to help explain your questions, I cannot answer.
For example, there is no possible way for me to infer what content you might have in your SSDT-USB.aml.

Post #1 clearly explains why you might see AppleBusPowerController instead of AppleBusPowerControllerUSB.
So it’s showing AppleBusPowerController becuase I’m using my SSDT-USB.aml in that case I need to add USBX to my SSDT, Correct?

**EDIT**

I read that guide again, and from what I get is if IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist shows the correct information "it does" then all you need to do is create a "fake" ec and place in ACPI/patched "no sorted order" I did this but I don't see any evidence of AppleBusControllerUSB in ioreg, did I use the wrong "fix"? I did notice once again my SMBIOS for some reason shows as 17,1 in clover configurator but as 14,2 in ioreg.. are they conflicting? here is my debug.

Attachments

• debug_22944.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
So it’s showing AppleBusPowerController becuase I’m using my SSDT-USB.aml in that case I need to add USBX to my SSDT, Correct?

**EDIT**

I read that guide again, and from what I get is if IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist shows the correct information "it does" then all you need to do is create a "fake" ec and place in ACPI/patched "no sorted order" I did this but I don't see any evidence of AppleBusControllerUSB in ioreg, did I use the wrong "fix"? I did notice once again my SMBIOS for some reason shows as 17,1 in clover configurator but as 14,2 in ioreg.. are they conflicting? here is my debug.

You're using iMac14,2, so USBX is not applicable.
You have no power properties due to lack of EC.
You need SSDT-EC.aml as per post #1.
SSDT-EC.aml you have in ACPI/patched (and the other SSDTs there) are not loading due to your SortedOrder specification in config.plist.
You should remove SortedOrder if you expect those SSDTs to load.

You're using iMac14,2, so USBX is not applicable.
You have no power properties due to lack of EC.
You need SSDT-EC.aml as per post #1.
SSDT-EC.aml you have in ACPI/patched (and the other SSDTs there) are not loading due to your SortedOrder specification in config.plist.
You should remove SortedOrder if you expect those SSDTs to load.
I removed sorted order but it is still not loading..

Attachments

• debug_6989.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Back