Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

Yes... this looks fine. You computer has no EC (EC0, H_EC, or otherwise), which is why you needed SSDT-EC.aml.
Thanks for your time RM.Your guides are really helpfull.

Thanks for the information on how this problem should be solved. However, as someone who is 'technically challenged' could I appeal to someone / anyone to clarify some parts of this process, or point me towards information that would help me understand what to do and how.

For example, how do I check to find out if my PC has an EC? Where would it be?

What is an "ACPI hotpatch"

"If your computer has an ECDT in ACPI..." - how do check this?

"If you don't have an embedded controller, you can add a "fake" one with the following SSDT-EC.dsl (compile to AML)" - how does one "compile to AML" ?

I realise to many of you these will seem like really basic questions, but I'm sure I'm not alone in being completely lost with this level of technical information. This site makes it really easy to get started, with really clear and easy to follow guides to setting up a hackintosh. But then there's a huge leap to this kind of stuff. If anyone can help me bridge this particular gap, I'd be really grateful.

For example, how do I check to find out if my PC has an EC? Where would it be?

You can tell from ioreg. AppleACPIEC will attach to it. If AppleACPIEC is not present, you don't have an EC.

What is an "ACPI hotpatch"

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-using-clover-to-hotpatch-acpi.200137/

"If your computer has an ECDT in ACPI..." - how do check this?

You will notice ECDT.aml in ACPI/origin when you extract native ACPI by pressing F4 in Clover.

"If you don't have an embedded controller, you can add a "fake" one with the following SSDT-EC.dsl (compile to AML)" - how does one "compile to AML" ?

Basics of using MaciASL (and where to get MaciASL) are covered in the ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Yesterday I applied some changes in my SSDTs, as I noticed that my DSDT has EC0. Before, I have used a fake EC device (SSDT-EC), but I decided to rename EC0 to EC. Is this the way to go? Now I have only one EC device, which I think is good, before I had EC0 and EC in ioreg.

Attachments

• EC-ssdt.png
    EC-ssdt.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 133
  • EC0-to-EC.png
    EC0-to-EC.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 147
  • mikka’s iMac2.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 110
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 81
Yesterday I applied some changes in my SSDTs, as I noticed that my DSDT has EC0. Before, I have used a fake EC device (SSDT-EC), but I decided to rename EC0 to EC. Is this the way to go? Now I have only one EC device, which I think is good, before I had EC0 and EC in ioreg.

Your question regarding the safety of renaming EC0->EC is answered in post #1.
I can't answer your question as you failed to provide "Problem Reporting" data as requested in post #1.

Your question regarding the safety of renaming EC0->EC is answered in post #1.
I can't answer your question as you failed to provide "Problem Reporting" data as requested in post #1.

Thanks Rehabman
I attached my EFI and .ioreg files

Thanks Rehabman
I attached my EFI and .ioreg files

EFI not requested. "Problem Reporting" asks for only EFI/Clover (without themes).

Back