Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

Yesterday I applied some changes in my SSDTs, as I noticed that my DSDT has EC0. Before, I have used a fake EC device (SSDT-EC), but I decided to rename EC0 to EC. Is this the way to go? Now I have only one EC device, which I think is good, before I had EC0 and EC in ioreg.

Your ioreg shows EC0 active, and there is no ECDT.aml in ACPI/origin.
Therefore it is valid to rename EC0->EC if you wish instead of using SSDT-EC.aml.

Your ioreg shows EC0 active, and there is no ECDT.aml in ACPI/origin.
Therefore it is valid to rename EC0->EC if you wish instead of using SSDT-EC.aml.

Thanks Rehabman

What is best?
To rename EC0 to EC or to fake EC?

In ioreg then I have
1. only EC (with AppleACPIEC and AppleBusPowerController)
2. or EC (with AppleBusPowerController) and EC0 (with AppleACPIEC)
?

Or are both ways equally valid?

Thanks Rehabman

What is best?
To rename EC0 to EC or to fake EC?

In ioreg then I have
1. only EC (with AppleACPIEC and AppleBusPowerController)
2. or EC (with AppleBusPowerController) and EC0 (with AppleACPIEC)
?

Or are both ways equally valid?

As per guide, both are equally valid in the case there is no ECDT.

Hi, RehabMan

I am using iMac 17,1 as my SMBIOS.
I added USBX to my UIAC, can you check if it is correct?
I can't find ECDT in ACPI/origin, I can't find ec0 in my ioreg(I think io-apci@fec0000 is not it?). Does that mean I don't have an EC, and need a fake EC?

Thanks.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    809 bytes · Views: 120
  • hackmac101.ioreg
    17.3 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Hi, RehabMan

I can't find ECDT in ACPI/origin, I can't find ec0 in my ioreg(I think io-apci@fec0000 is not it?). Does that mean I don't have an EC, and need a fake EC?

Thanks.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete/corrupt.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi, RehabMan

Thanks.

I want to know whether this UIAC+USBX is correct? How do I know if I have a EC device enabled, disable, or just don't have one?

Attachments

• hackmac101.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 71
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    809 bytes · Views: 104
Last edited:
I want to know whether this UIAC+USBX is correct? How do I know if I have a EC device enabled, disable, or just don't have one?

The SSDT-UIAC.aml you have in ACPI/patched is not the same one as you attached. No USBX there.
Your DSDT has an EC device, but it is disabled (_STA returns 0), therefore you'll need SSDT-EC.aml.

The SSDT-UIAC.aml you have in ACPI/patched is not the same one as you attached. No USBX there.

Yes, the one in ACPI/parched hasn’t added USBX yet, because I am not sure the attached one with newly added USBX is correct, so I'm not using it yet. Can you check if the attached one is correct?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back