Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

I ask because I have AppleUSBXHCI and not USBX (like in screenshot)

You are not looking in the correct part of ioreg.

@Rehaman i have added FixShutdown_0004 in config. then the system cant reboot after turning down with usb3.0 device plugged in.

Shutdown fix is overkill.
Correct way is to correct XHC.PMEE.
But all that is off-topic.

Dear Rehabman,
kudos for your amazing work, it is so impressive! I have read through the whole thread. I got my Hack working properly with all the goodies, the only thing that I can't get to work is iPad fast charging. It charges at 500 mA (even though it says "Not charging" on the iPad, but the battery does get charged, albeit slowly). I have gotten fast charging to work under Windows only (clover dual booting, UEFI) after I installed Gigabyte's ON/OFF driver.

For the hack (10.13 with supplemental update), I followed post #1 as much as I could but got stuck in two places:
1) I have no EC, so I installed the fake one
2) Tried compiling the SSDT-USBX per your post, but it would give me compile errors. I checked out your github post of this and found someone's alternative code, which did compile. However, no power properties for USBX show in IOreg and fast charging doesn't work.

Maybe something's wrong with the SSDT-USBX, but I don't know how to fix it. Can you please help?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Reporting.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Dear Rehabman,
kudos for your amazing work, it is so impressive! I have read through the whole thread. I got my Hack working properly with all the goodies, the only thing that I can't get to work is iPad fast charging. It charges at 500 mA (even though it says "Not charging" on the iPad, but the battery does get charged, albeit slowly). I have gotten fast charging to work under Windows only (clover dual booting, UEFI) after I installed Gigabyte's ON/OFF driver.

For the hack (10.13 with supplemental update), I followed post #1 as much as I could but got stuck in two places:
1) I have no EC, so I installed the fake one
2) Tried compiling the SSDT-USBX per your post, but it would give me compile errors. I checked out your github post of this and found someone's alternative code, which did compile. However, no power properties for USBX show in IOreg and fast charging doesn't work.

It is probably that something's wrong with the SSDT-USBX, but I don't know how to fix it. Can you please help?

Many thanks!

All my ACPI code assumes ACPI 6.1.
Make sure you're using my MaciASL that has ACPI 6.1 support.
The SSDT-USBX.aml you have in ACPI/patched is wrong.
The Package size in the _DSM is incorrect. And the _DSM logic is also wrong.
See correct code in post #1.

Sorry for the noob questions :

it is true that device-id "af a2 00 00" will transform in "8086_a2af" ?

Attachments

• device-id.png
    device-id.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IO device-id.png
    IO device-id.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 80
Back