Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

where i can get patch for EC0 to EC ? because i dont use hotpatch patch,,

Read post #1.
Don't forget to to check for ECDT.aml in your ACPI/origin.
Because if you have it, you cannot rename EC0->EC.

Read post #1.
Don't forget to to check for ECDT.aml in your ACPI/origin.
Because if you have it, you cannot rename EC0->EC.

i have ECDT di ACPI/origin, and i try using fake EC, it is good have EC0 and EC in ioreg ?

Hi RehabMan a minute ago I tried to upgrade your USBInjectAll.kext on my Haswell build from version 0.6.1 to your latest version 0.6.2 downloaded from your repo. The new USBInjectAll.kext 0.6.2 is breaking my "USB power property injection on my Haswell build with a message that my USB device requires power.... Restoring USBinjectAll.kext 0.6.1 fixes USB power property injection back to normal on this build. Will test my Skylake build later to ascertain whether this problem is universal with this new kext. Let me know if you need anything else from me to assist in isolating the problem. My Haswell build has been working very well in all respects for months now, so I am quite happy to stay with 0.6.1 The attached file refers.
Greets

Attachments

• With 0.6.1.jpeg
    With 0.6.1.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 132
Hi RehabMan my Skylake build plods along well with your latest USBInjectAll.kext version 0.6.2 Attached files refer.
In my case Haswell seems to be the culprit.

Attachments

• Skylake iPad with 0.6.2.jpeg
    Skylake iPad with 0.6.2.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Skylake sleep with 0.6.2.jpeg
    Skylake sleep with 0.6.2.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Skylake with 0.6.2.jpeg
    Skylake with 0.6.2.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 99
Hi RehabMan a minute ago I tried to upgrade your USBInjectAll.kext on my Haswell build from version 0.6.1 to your latest version 0.6.2 downloaded from your repo. The new USBInjectAll.kext 0.6.2 is breaking my "USB power property injection on my Haswell build with a message that my USB device requires power.... Restoring USBinjectAll.kext 0.6.1 fixes USB power property injection back to normal on this build. Will test my Skylake build later to ascertain whether this problem is universal with this new kext. Let me know if you need anything else from me to assist in isolating the problem. My Haswell build has been working very well in all respects for months now, so I am quite happy to stay with 0.6.1 The attached file refers.
Greets

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Problem reporting files are attached. I also attached a separate information file named "kextstat grep rehabman" showing that
my Haswell system is currently using your USBInjectAll.kext version 0.6.1. With this kext there is no noticeable problem that I am aware of with my system. EVERYTHING is working - sleep, sound, iPad/iPhone charging, Nvidia graphics with dual monitors, USB configuration, bluetooth with handoff as well as power/speed stepping.

It is only when I use your new USBInjectAll.kext version 0.6.2 that my iPhone/iPad charging stops working, everything else remains in tact when I switch to that later version kext of yours. If you want me to I can supply the same "problem reporting files with your USBInjectAll.kext version 0.6.2 installed instead of version 0.6.1. That is when device charging stops to function with HS telling me that the iPad/iPhone which is plugged in requires power.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 63
  • kextstat grep rehabman.jpeg
    kextstat grep rehabman.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 78
Problem reporting files are attached. I also attached a separate information file named "kextstat grep rehabman" showing that
my Haswell system is currently using your USBInjectAll.kext version 0.6.1. With this kext there is no noticeable problem that I am aware of with my system. EVERYTHING is working - sleep, sound, iPad/iPhone charging, Nvidia graphics with dual monitors, USB configuration, bluetooth with handoff as well as power/speed stepping.

It is only when I use your new USBInjectAll.kext version 0.6.2 that my iPhone/iPad charging stops working, everything else remains in tact when I switch to that later version kext of yours. If you want me to I can supply the same "problem reporting files with your USBInjectAll.kext version 0.6.2 installed instead of version 0.6.1. That is when device charging stops to function with HS telling me that the iPad/iPhone which is plugged in requires power.

Problem Reporting files must represent the problem scenario.
In your next reply, attach "Problem Reporting" files that show 0.6.2 in use.

Problem Reporting files must represent the problem scenario.
In your next reply, attach "Problem Reporting" files that show 0.6.2 in use.
Yes will do, not at home right now so it will take a little before I can and will oblige.
Greets

Back