Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

You need the nVidia Web dirvers because OS X does not natively support the nVidia Maxwell chip graphics cards, like the GTX 750, yet. Replace your 750 with your old 5450 and following my steps in my GTX 750 Ti installation procedure here. Ignore the BIOS change steps as your motherboard doesn't support on-board graphics.

Sorry man for ask you again, i have a problem, after install nivida web drivier everiting works fine, i play lol then i restart the computer and see a folder like igonre sign or missing icon and no way to boot the sistem. i have to activate someting again?
Thx

You need the nVidia Web dirvers because OS X does not natively support the nVidia Maxwell chip graphics cards, like the GTX 750, yet. Replace your 750 with your old 5450 and following my steps in my GTX 750 Ti installation procedure here. Ignore the BIOS change steps as your motherboard doesn't support on-board graphics.

When i see is imposible to boot again yosemite , i reinstall it , i put the nvidia web driver and works good, after every step i restart the computer to see if is happen again withe the stop sign, so nothing happen works fine, then i install voodoohda and after restart again imposible to boot yosemite, again the folder missing icon, i start safe mode and try to unistall the voodoohda but no take effect imposible to boot again.

Did you ":ch: Add "nvda_drv=1" to the Kernel Flags in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist"?

My /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist Kernel Flags looks like this:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

You can try to get back into the Desktop by booting from Chimera with the kernel flag "-v nvda_drv=1" (no quotes) if you missed that step.

Did you ":ch: Add "nvda_drv=1" to the Kernel Flags in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist"?

My /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist Kernel Flags looks like this:

You can try to get back into the Desktop by booting from Chimera with the kernel flag "-v nvda_drv=1" (no quotes) if you missed that step.

Hi, yes i change in org.chameleon.Boot.plist but not in the same line like you, i make other line.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> nvda_drv=1</string>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

Now i change the motherboard with i3 processor and works super and now problems, and with 2 lines in kernel flags, i change now in only one line. I put the motherboard asus p8hg1-m lx3 plus r2.0 , hard disck ssd samsung 250 evo, video card evga gtx 750 sc , works good, i dont install sound because i dont know the realtek for this motherboard.
Thx for everitying man.

NOW I see this guide. I blindly moved forward with the Install Yosemite guide and just ignored the new install stuff when I was really upgrading from Mavericks. Maybe that has been the source of my EXTENSIVE frustrations.

So, if I didn't remove the FileNVRAM.dylib or edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist what are the implications?

I'm running in Yosemite but with occasional crashes. Figure those might be AICPU power management? Figured that was the issue for not waking from sleep in Mavericks, but never did sort that out.

Also never sorted the Messages sign in error either.

Is their a sticky for these two topics or can someone comment on the effect of upgrading to Yosemite on them?

Many thanks.

Did anyone have any issues with the Display turning off right after Apple logo was displayed? I got Yosemite installed and everything and now i cannot even get it to boot. Not even with my Unibeast drive, it boots and gives me a kernel panic or the display turns off. I have tried plenty of boot flags

I have an issue after installing Yosemite and MultiBeast settings. After I boot into my Yosemite Drive successfully, no issues. I install MultiBeast settings and reboot. After reboot, I get a Do not enter sign rather than an apple logo. It gets stuck at this. I tried to run in verbose and in verbose I get "Waiting for root device" repeatedly. Does not boot normally, are there any implications to fixing this?

I have an issue after installing Yosemite and MultiBeast settings. After I boot into my Yosemite Drive successfully, no issues. I install MultiBeast settings and reboot. After reboot, I get a Do not enter sign rather than an apple logo. It gets stuck at this. I tried to run in verbose and in verbose I get "Waiting for root device" repeatedly. Does not boot normally, are there any implications to fixing this?

I have the same problem, and the problem is because the sound driver VoodooHDA v2.8.4 is the problem and no fix for me, i change the motherboard and now no problem everything works fine.

I have encountered this when I tried to install Yosemite from my USB.
Yosemite Error.png
It said "this is not a supported method of installing the operating system."

I have tried to create a bootable USB 1)using UniBeast 5 and 2)following this website: http://www.macworld.com/article/236...otable-os-x-10-10-yosemite-install-drive.html

Both made me encountered the above error.

Someone online said I must have installed the USB incorrectly; but I followed the steps already.

Anyone knows why??!!!!:crazy: I need help.

Back