Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Motherboard
GIGABYTE H61N-USB3
CPU
Intel i3 2105
Graphics
none
Was able to finally get in by holding f12 down and then booting straight to usbhdd. Finally

ammulder

Motherboard
GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
"Laser S": does it work if you take out the video card? If you get up and running that way, what if you replace the video card and just plug your monitor into the video card and don't disable the onboard graphics?

However, when I had the never-ending reboot problem, it appeared to be a bad motherboard. Hopefully that's not your situation.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE H61N-USB3
CPU
Intel i3 2105
Graphics
none
After lots of toying i finally got mine working great. had to do the 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform in multibeast but after that mine boots great. Thanks for the hard work

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-UD7 TH
CPU
Intel i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 660Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
"Laser S": does it work if you take out the video card? If you get up and running that way, what if you replace the video card and just plug your monitor into the video card and don't disable the onboard graphics?

However, when I had the never-ending reboot problem, it appeared to be a bad motherboard. Hopefully that's not your situation.

Thank you for your response. It does work with just the onboard graphics. And it does not work with the video card in at all with any settings. I actually just replaced the motherboard with this current one. The video card was working in the old one but now it is not.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
...I decided to upgrade to a Gigabyte Z97X-UD7-TH with a processor to go with it...
Laser, please put your system(s) in your signature block per the tonymacx86 Rules & Policies and update your Profile's current system information. By doing so, you help us help you better. :thumbup: TIA.

In your profile:
System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)​
See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

In your signature block, you only need to put your system(s) motherboard, processor and graphics card/method manufacturer model #. You can do this manually or use the automated procedure, both in your profile.

ammulder

Motherboard
GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Laser: If you're stuck in a boot loop where you never even get to the BIOS, and everything works OK without the video card, could it be that the video card is bad? I'm no expert, but if you never even get to the BIOS, I don't see how your OS X install could be responsible for the problem. If you take the SSD out, do you still get the boot loop? If so, it couldn't possibly be the OS X install causing the issue.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-UD7 TH
CPU
Intel i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 660Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Laser, please put your system(s) in your signature block per the tonymacx86 Rules & Policies and update your Profile's current system information. By doing so, you help us help you better. :thumbup: TIA.

In your profile:
System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)​
See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

In your signature block, you only need to put your system(s) motherboard, processor and graphics card/method manufacturer model #. You can do this manually or use the automated procedure, both in your profile.

Sorry I was meaning to do that but I was getting frantic trying to get this computer back up and running for this important job I had this past weekend.

I am starting to think that my EVGA GTX 660Ti might be shorted out. I hope I can get it working properly but I am not too high on hopes. I figured I would still try here though in case this was a common issue to happen. Thank you for all your help.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3
CPU
i5 7600
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
All grey screen with circle in middle and line through it, ga-h77n-wifi.

I received the same error message. Did you develop a solution? I am going to reinstall and look for errors.

Thanks!

Update: Solved problem by resetting CMOS and reinstalling Yosemite.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3
CPU
i5 7600
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Same problem here. The install went fine, but the reboot after MultiBeast displayed the grey screen with circle and diagonal line. I am reinstalling now. Fingers crossed. Also, I wonder if it was my selections in MultiBeast. I will reinstall MultiBeast using the minimal edits.

Any specific solutions out there?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3
CPU
i5 7600
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast - SUCCESS!

Yes, you are not alone. I am reinstalling Yosemite again and doing a minimal install of MultiBeast thinking that I may have over installed options. Now, only network and audio.

Still looking for a solution.

Thanks!

Success - Update: Solved audio and network issues, system is running very quick and responsive. Update was performed on an existing version of Mavericks on a 480GB SSD. Audio was solved by installing VooDooHDA-v2.8.6.pkg. The network issues was solved by installing BOTH Intel and Atheros kexts via MultiBeast.

Thanks to Tony, team, and users of this forum!

Attachments

• Yosemite.tiff
    74.2 KB · Views: 85
  • system.tiff
    110 KB · Views: 118
Last edited: