Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Laser, please put your system(s) in your signature block per the tonymacx86 Rules & Policies and update your Profile's current system information. By doing so, you help us help you better. :thumbup: TIA.

In your profile:
System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)​
See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

In your signature block, you only need to put your system(s) motherboard, processor and graphics card/method manufacturer model #. You can do this manually or use the automated procedure, both in your profile.

Sorry I was meaning to do that but I was getting frantic trying to get this computer back up and running for this important job I had this past weekend.

I am starting to think that my EVGA GTX 660Ti might be shorted out. I hope I can get it working properly but I am not too high on hopes. I figured I would still try here though in case this was a common issue to happen. Thank you for all your help.

All grey screen with circle in middle and line through it, ga-h77n-wifi.

I received the same error message. Did you develop a solution? I am going to reinstall and look for errors.

Thanks!

Update: Solved problem by resetting CMOS and reinstalling Yosemite.

Last edited:
Same problem here. The install went fine, but the reboot after MultiBeast displayed the grey screen with circle and diagonal line. I am reinstalling now. Fingers crossed. Also, I wonder if it was my selections in MultiBeast. I will reinstall MultiBeast using the minimal edits.

Any specific solutions out there?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast - SUCCESS!

Yes, you are not alone. I am reinstalling Yosemite again and doing a minimal install of MultiBeast thinking that I may have over installed options. Now, only network and audio.

Still looking for a solution.

Thanks!

Success - Update: Solved audio and network issues, system is running very quick and responsive. Update was performed on an existing version of Mavericks on a 480GB SSD. Audio was solved by installing VooDooHDA-v2.8.6.pkg. The network issues was solved by installing BOTH Intel and Atheros kexts via MultiBeast.

Thanks to Tony, team, and users of this forum!

Attachments

• Yosemite.tiff
    74.2 KB · Views: 104
  • system.tiff
    110 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Can i install wirh this guide on my 10.9 hakinotsh without lose files?

Can i install wirh this guide on my 10.9 hakinotsh without lose files?
Yes. But, backup you Mavericks installation, first, using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper.

Hello,

i followed this guide, install went fine but after typing my password, nothing happens, i just got the wheel spinning and eventually, screens are going to sleep.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Same problem here. The install went fine, but the reboot after MultiBeast displayed the grey screen with circle and diagonal line. I am reinstalling now. Fingers crossed. Also, I wonder if it was my selections in MultiBeast. I will reinstall MultiBeast using the minimal edits.

Any specific solutions out there?

Thanks!

Had a similar issue here on a Dell XPS 8300. After MultiBeast the system hung during boot. I reinstalled and everything is fine (I did not need to run MultiBeast again, everything just worked).

I am also running an SSD.

hey friends.
i installed Yos over Mav.
All Apps, data and even my logic plugins were still there.
The complete system runs out of the box, if nothing happend :D
Even my W7 dualboot is running

i´m really lucky :)

Thank you

Back