Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Everything works perfectly after upgrade from Maverics using Tony guide, thanks for that!
I have only one problem. After each reboot or power-up, my bios get back to default settings.
Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Audio issue on my Asus P8Z68-V LX, after installing the multibeast driver (ALC 887) audio doesn't work, but it stopped the noise from the speakers, try sever things until I found this really helpful:

5) It turned out that in Yosemite I had to select a different sound output: in stead of 'line-out' (which effectively is the case), I had to select 'internal speakers', which I do not have. However it works now.

TY for all the work behind this update, and thank you Shandra!!

Snow.

This worked for my dh5hc. The only thing I did different was add the EvOReeboot and then use 6.1 to install ALC888 audio drivers.

So... selecting the USB stick directly from the BIOS and not waiting for Chimera overcame the 'Mach_Kernel' challenge! I have Yosemite up and running now...

The really bad news is that it somehow did affect my Win7 installation which does not work anymore.... and all my son's gaming stuff and data are there and I did not know he had no backup. Big trouble.

Win7 is still there as an option in Chimera, but does not start and the Windows installation disk cannot repair as it does not even recognise the installation. Very surprising that the update (not new installation) to Yosemite did affect the Windows partition, clearly did not expect that as it always worked fine in the past.

ANYBODY ANY IDEAS WHAT TO DO???

Thanks, guys...

I'm having the "waiting for root device" error as well when I boot verbose.
It looks like my system doesn't like/can't find the AppleUSBAudio kext, because it tells me "Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio - failed to resolve library dependencies" then a bunch of stuff, then "still waiting for root device"
The org.chameleon.boot.plist uses
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
as well as
Code:
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
and I'm booting with -x -f -v, choosing the option to ignore cache from the dropdown menu. Other variations have also been tried unsuccessfully
i suppose
I'm not really sure how to get around this error at the moment. I could try removing the offending kext from the USB installer, but I doubt that's something that will prove beneficial

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, i7-3770, GTX 650

EDIT: Moved the USB installer to a 2.0 port rather than a 3.0 port, issue solved

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    870.8 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
The title pretty much describes it. All is working well so far, but the only issue seems to be there is no audio when waking from sleep. That was not the case with my Mavericks installation.

This is a fresh installation on a single SSD. Would appreciate a solution if someone out there has one.

Thank you in advance,

Steve

after update from mavericks to yosemite get this...

rdB2XI7.jpg

I'm confused.
I deleted mach_kernal like the OP said to do, but when I try to boot from the USB, it says

"can't find mach_kernal"

I'm confused.
I deleted mach_kernal like the OP said to do, but when I try to boot from the USB, it says

"can't find mach_kernal"

replace the key with "/System/Library/Kernels/kernel" (without the quotes)

Back