Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook

Hooray! Got it! The touchpad works ****ing awesome!!! Thanks man:headbang:

I have installed Moutain Lion 10.8.5 on my HP Probook 6470b. My question is: how can i check which kext i need to install. And Where can i find kext for intel hd graphic 4000 and how can i install it? Because I check overview system: It say Graphics Display 64 MB of shared system Memory. How can i change it to HD4000 ? Plz help. thx!!!

I have installed Moutain Lion 10.8.5 on my HP Probook 6470b. My question is: how can i check which kext i need to install. And Where can i find kext for intel hd graphic 4000 and how can i install it? Because I check overview system: It say Graphics Display 64 MB of shared system Memory. How can i change it to HD4000 ? Plz help. thx!!!

Use the sticky guides to reinstall your OS X, and follow exact steps there. After install, you will have a full OS X.

Hi, I have upgraded my 450 G0 to i5 Ivy B, and swapped wifi card, so no I am fully functional, with WiFi running very smoothly. However my issue is sound. No sound at all, I can stream to ATV but even if I plug in USB sound card there is no hope. Any idea?

Hi, I have upgraded my 450 G0 to i5 Ivy B, and swapped wifi card, so no I am fully functional, with WiFi running very smoothly. However my issue is sound. No sound at all, I can stream to ATV but even if I plug in USB sound card there is no hope. Any idea?

Make sure you followed the guide in post #1. An improperly patched or unpatched DSDT will result in audio not working. Also, the ProBook Installer can only patch a vanilla AppleHDA, so make sure you have vanilla AppleHDA installed before installing the "OS X support kexts" for your 450 G0.

Thanks a lto, however it did not help. I did try to install AppleHDA straight from my Mac Mini, then run installer, but still the same, no sound is coming out of my laptop.
Any other idea, what can be the cause?

Back