Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Hi,
I am thinking of re-installing everything again, as I am getting a few odd issues (Audio disappears sometimes!)

I have already installed OSX on a few occasions, but since I am downloading a fresh copy of OSX 10.9.2 from Mac store and I am planning to reformat my unibeast flash drive (currently 10.9.1) to the latest OSX, I came across the below which sounds a bit confusing:

10.9.x to 10.9.2

6. If you have a 7-series chipset in your ProBook (eg. 4540s and other models), remove /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Note: this assumes you patched your DSDT with the "Intel USB 3.0 patch", which is the recommended configuration for 7-series ProBooks. After removing GenericUSBXHCI.kext, you should rebuild cache (Kext Wizard).

I have a Probook 4540s Corei3 ivy bridge, once I install the OSX and run the PBI choosing the tick boxes which is mentioned in this tutorial,and carry out the install, wouldn't PBI actually re-write/remove: "GenericUSBXHCI.kext"?

I am a bit confused!!!

Do I just run PBI as RehabMan explains in his tutorial and then find and remove /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext?

can someone explain this to me please:
Note: this assumes you patched your DSDT with the "Intel USB 3.0 patch"

I would appreciate it if someone tells me what to do post PBI installation!

Thanx

Hi,
I am thinking of re-installing everything again, as I am getting a few odd issues (Audio disappears sometimes!)

I have already installed OSX on a few occasions, but since I am downloading a fresh copy of OSX 10.9.2 from Mac store and I am planning to reformat my unibeast flash drive (currently 10.9.1) to the latest OSX, I came across the below which sounds a bit confusing:

I have a Probook 4540s Corei3 ivy bridge, once I install the OSX and run the PBI choosing the tick boxes which is mentioned in this tutorial,and carry out the install, wouldn't PBI actually re-write/remove: "GenericUSBXHCI.kext"?

I am a bit confused!!!

Do I just run PBI as RehabMan explains in his tutorial and then find and remove /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext?

can someone explain this to me please:
Note: this assumes you patched your DSDT with the "Intel USB 3.0 patch"

I would appreciate it if someone tells me what to do post PBI installation!

Thanx

I believe this is all automatic in the ProBook Installer now. If you haven't repatched your DSDT in a while, you should do it as there are updates to the patches recently.

The point of deleting GenericUSBXHCI is to use the USB3 multiplex patch (automatically included for you) and AppleUSBXHCI.

I believe this is all automatic in the ProBook Installer now. If you haven't repatched your DSDT in a while, you should do it as there are updates to the patches recently.

The point of deleting GenericUSBXHCI is to use the USB3 multiplex patch (automatically included for you) and AppleUSBXHCI.

Right, correct me if I am wrong: (please)

-I install OSX from the installer USB
-once finished (presumingly its OSX 10.9.2 freshly installed from the installer usb) I will then run PBI and tick all the boxes appropriate to PB4540s.
-once finished I will then restart and boot using unibeast/installer flash and using boot flag -f
-reach the desktop and search for /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext and remove it
-rebuild kext and restart.

am I right?
Thanx

Right, correct me if I am wrong: (please)

-I install OSX from the installer USB
-once finished (presumingly its OSX 10.9.2 freshly installed from the installer usb) I will then run PBI and tick all the boxes appropriate to PB4540s.
-once finished I will then restart and boot using unibeast/installer flash and using boot flag -f
-reach the desktop and search for /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext and remove it
-rebuild kext and restart.

am I right?
Thanx

If you are doing a fresh install, just follow the guide in post #1. The ProBook Installer will not install GenericUSBXHCI.kext for 4540s.

and..
How to fix iMessage, FaceTime on my hackintosh?
(iTune, iCloud, Appstore working)

Try add your CC to your itunes account. Worked for me

I got to the step where I had to fix my chimera boot loader. It finally booted and went through chimera; however, it seems that I am in an infinite apple booting screen. I've tried -f -x . Sometime the apple loading screen goes away, but then I'm stuck with a blank grey screen. Any help would be appreciated.

I got to the step where I had to fix my chimera boot loader. It finally booted and went through chimera; however, it seems that I am in an infinite apple booting screen. I've tried -f -x . Sometime the apple loading screen goes away, but then I'm stuck with a blank grey screen. Any help would be appreciated.

What were your exact selections in the Probook installer?

What were your exact selections in the Probook installer?

Chose my laptops OSX kexts. 4540s

- From "DSDT generator/patcher" selected my ProBook model, a silent Fan, and high res display. Installed everything but the Aetheros wifi card driver.
- Check the option for "SSDT" generator.
- From "System definitions," select ONE chose the i3/i5 IVY.
- Chameleon: This allows you to boot from your main HDD/SSD
- From "Optional hardware-specific fixes,"
- "EDID generator"
- "FanReset.dylib mod" Select only if you have a laptop with a WiFi whitelist implemented in BIOS and have a WiFi card that is not present on the whitelist.
- From "Misc OS X fixes"
- "Color profiles
- Chameleon Wizard

Back