Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

The 4730s has a high resolution display. Did you copy the "mini SSDT" to the USB as documented in the guide?

Note: Please DO NOT crosspost. Thanks!

I thought that I had copied that to the flash drive but I hadn't. I have now pasted that onto the drive and tried again. Where the screen used to go black now the spinning just stops and freezes. Do you know the specific flags that we should be using for this machine?

Sorry for cross posting! Thanks for all the advice and help!

You dont need any flags but -v for troubleshooting

Hi all,
I have lived with these problems for a few weeks:

1_ Mavericks keeps freezing at startup after reboot from Windows 8.
In more detail: I installed Mavericks and Windows 8.1 on the same disk. If I choose restart from Windows and boot back to OS X, it will freeze at the Apple logo screen everytime, with no spinning wheel. I have to hard reset, then boot to Mavericks will be normal again.

2_ Time in Mavericks and Windows is different from in the BIOS. BIOS time is GMT and time in Mavericks and Windows is GMT+(my timezone). This isn't exactly a problem, but I would like to know if it happens to you as well.

please help me solve/debug these problems, especially the first one, since I hate to hard reset everytime I need to switch back to Mavericks from Windows.

Hi all,
I have lived with these problems for a few weeks:

1_ Mavericks keeps freezing at startup after reboot from Windows 8.
In more detail: I installed Mavericks and Windows 8.1 on the same disk. If I choose restart from Windows and boot back to OS X, it will freeze at the Apple logo screen everytime, with no spinning wheel. I have to hard reset, then boot to Mavericks will be normal again.

2_ Time in Mavericks and Windows is different from in the BIOS. BIOS time is GMT and time in Mavericks and Windows is GMT+(my timezone). This isn't exactly a problem, but I would like to know if it happens to you as well.

please help me solve/debug these problems, especially the first one, since I hate to hard reset everytime I need to switch back to Mavericks from Windows.
About the first problem i had this problem for 2 months , i made 20 posts about this and found the solution by accident . I put ethernet on windows and connect to internet with it . Then boot back in mavericks and do the same , connect with ethernet on internet . After that it's ok and i can boot both operating systems and don't have to use ethernet, connect wirelessly . You just use it once to get configured .It seems there is problem because ethernet was not used before in mavericks or windows or in both .

Tell me if this fixes your problem

I thought that I had copied that to the flash drive but I hadn't. I have now pasted that onto the drive and tried again. Where the screen used to go black now the spinning just stops and freezes. Do you know the specific flags that we should be using for this machine?

Sorry for cross posting! Thanks for all the advice and help!

You have to not only copy it, but name it correctly. It must be called /Extra/ssdt.aml, not something else. Read the instructions carefully.

Rehabman, i am getting the "still waiting for root device" error on my 4340s after updating to 10.9.3 and booting with -f from USB...any ideas?

Rehabman, i am getting the "still waiting for root device" error on my 4340s after updating to 10.9.3 and booting with -f from USB...any ideas?

You're doing a re-install?

Did you create your USB with the latest Unibeast?

Otherwise try some things:
- make sure your USB is 8GB. If larger, make sure the partition for Unibeast target is only 8GB and that there is only a single partition on the USB (rest should be free space).
- make sure USB is USB2
- try different USB stick
- try different USB ports
- try removing the USB once you see "waiting for root", then re-plug.

I´m updating from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3, no reinstall...and the USB always workd fine before...i´ll try to unplug

Edit: unplug did not work. I also tried to change usb port, that did not work either. I´m seeing alot of erros regarding kexts that do not load, like voodoo, etc

I´m updating from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3, no reinstall...and the USB always workd fine before...i´ll try to unplug

Edit: unplug did not work. I also tried to change usb port, that did not work either. I´m seeing alot of erros regarding kexts that do not load, like voodoo, etc

Are you booting your partition on your HDD? (not the USB)?

Hey RehabMan,i managed to install os x mavericks on my hp probook 4540s i3 2.4GHz Ivy but then no matter what i do the trackpad won't work. I installed it twice each time checking the laptop support option but it never works. I have to use a usb mouse and when i try to slide my fingers on the trackpad the mouse stops working and i have to slide my fingers again on the trackpad to get the focus back to the mouse. What could be causing this?

Back