Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Hi, I have a 4440s i5 sandy(although I'm not 100% sure it's sandy still)...
Why not make it so you are 100% sure first, it just takes a minute... After restart just press "ESC" then "F1" and read what CPU you have.

Hi, I have a 4440s i5 sandy(although I'm not 100% sure it's sandy still).

ive completed step 15, fixed 4k AF hdd issue, attempted to boot again with ignore caches flag in chimera. But I am stuck at the screen with the Apple logo & spinning wheel. Waited a couple of times for at least 10 minutes or more.

is there a resolution to this issue?

Check your BIOS information so you know what CPU is in the laptop. It is critical you know whether it is Sandy or Ivy. It is not something you should be guessing with. The information is readily available.

is there any software or tweak to reduce the lower brightness threshold. I saw that when running mac os x the lower threshold limit make screen more brighter in comparison with windows.

is there any software or tweak to reduce the lower brightness threshold. I saw that when running mac os x the lower threshold limit make screen more brighter in comparison with windows.

Not yet. Very common problem with hack laptops...

Is there a solution for turn Bluetooth off button in system preferences on hp 4330s? Its was always on.

Is there a solution for turn Bluetooth off button in system preferences on hp 4330s? Its was always on.

No. At least not with the AR5B195 (AR9285+AR3011).

Hey rehabman thanks for the response.

i verified through bios that I have an i5 3230m ivy bridge processor.

i reinstalled mavericks, choosing the correct laptop/CPU profiles but I am still stuck at step 15. I also have tried booting with ignore caches flag.

only difference now is that i am stuck with a black screen rather than the apple screen with spinning wheel.

Ok, I've got mavericks up & running now! I made the the foolish mistake of choosing high res rather than low res display & that's what the problem was.

everything is working fine with the exception of wifi. During mavericks install I chose this computer does not connect to a network.

i am gonna play around with the settings & see if I can get it to work. But if anybody has advice that can save me time, I would greatly appreciate it.

specifically, if anyone knows if my default wifi card on the 4440s i5 ivy notebook is supported by mavericks.(not sure what it is yet). if it's not supported,if anyone knows of a USB wifi adapter that's supported by mavericks, please let me know.

im not really comfortable with opening the notebook due to clumsy fingers lol

thanks in advance & I really appreciate you guys doing all the legwork to simplify the hackintosh experience for idiots like me :)

peace

Back