Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Ok, I've got mavericks up & running now! I made the the foolish mistake of choosing high res rather than low res display & that's what the problem was.

everything is working fine with the exception of wifi. During mavericks install I chose this computer does not connect to a network.

i am gonna play around with the settings & see if I can get it to work. But if anybody has advice that can save me time, I would greatly appreciate it.

specifically, if anyone knows if my default wifi card on the 4440s i5 ivy notebook is supported by mavericks.(not sure what it is yet). if it's not supported,if anyone knows of a USB wifi adapter that's supported by mavericks, please let me know.

im not really comfortable with opening the notebook due to clumsy fingers lol

thanks in advance & I really appreciate you guys doing all the legwork to simplify the hackintosh experience for idiots like me :)

peace

It is unlikely your laptop came with a compatible WiFi card. You can use DPCIManager to see what you have. Replacement cards are inexpensive and really easy to install.

The experience is far better/more stable than using USB WiFi.

Looks pretty straightforward & basic to replace the wifi card, even for a clumsy guy like me. Gonna give it a go.

thanks rehabman, you rock :headbang:

Hi Rehabman...

Can you tell me if Mavericks work on the Hp Probook 4230s?
How does OSX handle 1280x800 on the Intel HD3000?

THanks in advance

bd4utonite2

Why hello, finally got the time to clean reinstall it all (why with my other pcs both dying, I had plenty of motivation too...) and audio is back! Thank you!

But I still have a problem :/
My trackpad isn't working first of all and sometimes my mouse will just get stuck as if I was holding the mouse button down. I've tried unpluging it and changing mouse (three times) to no avail...
Nothing seems to fix it other than a reboot of the computer.

My probook is a 450 g0 and the mice I've tried are generic Microsoft, Acer and Logitech laser mice.

Hi Rehabman...

Can you tell me if Mavericks work on the Hp Probook 4230s?
How does OSX handle 1280x800 on the Intel HD3000?

THanks in advance

bd4utonite2

It should work. Just follow the guide.

Why hello, finally got the time to clean reinstall it all (why with my other pcs both dying, I had plenty of motivation too...) and audio is back! Thank you!

But I still have a problem :/
My trackpad isn't working first of all and sometimes my mouse will just get stuck as if I was holding the mouse button down. I've tried unpluging it and changing mouse (three times) to no avail...
Nothing seems to fix it other than a reboot of the computer.

My probook is a 450 g0 and the mice I've tried are generic Microsoft, Acer and Logitech laser mice.

Try EC reset: Shutdown, remove all power sources, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

Thanks for the guide!
FYI got this wifi card on ebay for $6.00 shipped, AzureWave/Atheros AW-NE773 AR5BHB92 WiFi Mini-PCI-E Card

Thanks for the guide!
FYI got this wifi card on ebay for $6.00 shipped, AzureWave/Atheros AW-NE773 AR5BHB92 WiFi Mini-PCI-E Card

Yes, just to clarify that card is an excellent choice for ProBooks without a whitelist (4x40s series, for example). For the 4530s, it is more restrictive.

I am having problems with Mavericks install and the latest version of the ProBook installer on my HP 4540s. My ProBook does not have a discrete video card.

I installed 10.9, but I can only boot with "-x" as whenever it boots without safe mode it either spins infinitely, or if in verbose, gets to Bluetooth and hangs up. I can then type into the verbose display, which I have only seen happen when it is a failure of the video card to load fully to desktop. I imagine I could SSH in right now. So it looks like purely a graphical problem.

I have an i3-3110m /w HD4000. I have been trying the latest flags from Chameleon, IntelCapriFB=x as well, but just more of the same =/

Any suggestions

I am having problems with Mavericks install and the latest version of the ProBook installer on my HP 4540s. My ProBook does not have a discrete video card.

I installed 10.9, but I can only boot with "-x" as whenever it boots without safe mode it either spins infinitely, or if in verbose, gets to Bluetooth and hangs up. I can then type into the verbose display, which I have only seen happen when it is a failure of the video card to load fully to desktop. I imagine I could SSH in right now. So it looks like purely a graphical problem.

I have an i3-3110m /w HD4000. I have been trying the latest flags from Chameleon, IntelCapriFB=x as well, but just more of the same =/

Any suggestions

Do you have the stock screen? What were your selections in the ProBook Installer?

Back