Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

So anyways. I'm going to give it up for the night and try again tomorrow or over the weekend. Kind of frustrating since everything seemed to work without issues last time. Again, I *can* get into OSX, it's just that now I have to guide the machine to it. I don't know what has changed or if I'm now doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance...

Check to see if you have an active partition by using fdisk as I described earlier.

Hi, i have a big PROBLEM, my wife did an update via App Store to the newest one version and right now i can see only that:

IMG_1941.jpg

What should i do right now with that?

EDIT: No Problem any more, i connected my HardDrive to my mac, got my files back and will to try to install Yosemite on my 6360b :)

Hi, i have a big PROBLEM, my wife did an update via App Store to the newest one version and right now i can see only that:

View attachment 122646

What should i do right now with that?

EDIT: No Problem any more, i connected my HardDrive to my mac, got my files back and will to try to install Yosemite on my 6360b :)

Update procedures are covered in post #1.

Hey RehabMan,

Thanks for your awesome guide, everything seems to be running pretty well (typing this via ethernet from my 6460b). There are however a few minor nuisances that I was wondering if you could please impart some wisdom on (sorry if these have already been answered, I searched for quite a while):

- Can't seem to get restart to work (the screen goes black but the power stays on... would this be fixed
with your kext update mentioned near the bottom of your guide?)
- Keyboard/Mouse seems buggy at times (this may have been caused by my external HD, but was wondering if you've heard anything about this)?
- Win/Command + C doesn't copy? Just gives me this "ç"... paste gives me this "√"?
- Wifi doesn't work (naturally this makes sense since I'm using an Intel Centrino... I ordered a Broadcom
BCM943224HMS... from what I understand this is pretty plug and play... no whitelist edits needed?)
- Computer would sometimes freeze and I'd have to hard power off (since unplugging my external HD I
haven't had this problem yet... any experience with this in the past?)

Again, sorry if these have been asked before... I mean this build works great but I could see these problems coming to surface when I'm trying to get work done. My build should be listed in my signature (2nd build).

Thanks again:)

Hey RehabMan,

Thanks for your awesome guide, everything seems to be running pretty well (typing this via ethernet from my 6460b). There are however a few minor nuisances that I was wondering if you could please impart some wisdom on (sorry if these have already been answered, I searched for quite a while):

- Can't seem to get restart to work (the screen goes black but the power stays on... would this be fixed
with your kext update mentioned near the bottom of your guide?)
- Keyboard/Mouse seems buggy at times (this may have been caused by my external HD, but was wondering if you've heard anything about this)?
- Win/Command + C doesn't copy? Just gives me this "ç"... paste gives me this "√"?
- Wifi doesn't work (naturally this makes sense since I'm using an Intel Centrino... I ordered a Broadcom
BCM943224HMS... from what I understand this is pretty plug and play... no whitelist edits needed?)
- Computer would sometimes freeze and I'd have to hard power off (since unplugging my external HD I
haven't had this problem yet... any experience with this in the past?)

Again, sorry if these have been asked before... I mean this build works great but I could see these problems coming to surface when I'm trying to get work done. My build should be listed in my signature (2nd build).

Thanks again:)

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Hopefully I did this right... took me a few min to understand your instructions but I think I got it. Please see attached and let me know if there's anything I'm missing.

Btw, I'm not sure if I clarified earlier but I followed your instructions to a T in this guide using Unibeast to install OSX Mavericks (dual booted on same SSD as Windows), and then Probook Installer to patch everything over. Thanks again for all the help, you're the best!

View attachment RehabMan.zip
View attachment NA’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

... and here is the kextstat output:

NAs-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan NA$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

12 2 0xffffff7f81dce000 0x5f000 0x5f000
com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>

NAs-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan NA$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

19 0 0xffffff7f81a66000 0x2b000 0x2b000
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (217.92.1) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
27 0 0xffffff7f81a61000 0x3000 0x3000
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (217.92.1) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

Hopefully I did this right... took me a few min to understand your instructions but I think I got it. Please see attached and let me know if there's anything I'm missing.

Btw, I'm not sure if I clarified earlier but I followed your instructions to a T in this guide using Unibeast to install OSX Mavericks (dual booted on same SSD as Windows), and then Probook Installer to patch everything over. Thanks again for all the help, you're the best!

View attachment 124964
View attachment 124965

... and here is the kextstat output:

NAs-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan NA$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

12 2 0xffffff7f81dce000 0x5f000 0x5f000
com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>

NAs-MacBook-Pro:RehabMan NA$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

19 0 0xffffff7f81a66000 0x2b000 0x2b000
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (217.92.1) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
27 0 0xffffff7f81a61000 0x3000 0x3000
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (217.92.1) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

Your ioreg looks normal to me...