Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

In terms of the upgrade installation, the only issue I ran into was that an external keyboard and mouse were necessary at the start of the Mavericks installation.

I also had this problem. I found I could fix it without an external USB keyboard by toggling the "turn numlock on during boot" in the bios. So if the installer gives wants a keyboard, just reboot into bios and toggle the option, doesn't matter if you turn it on or off. Reboot into the installer and it should see the laptop keyboard.

Second, I noticed that the wifi on/off key still works even if the light is always on or off. But, to make sure wifi is enabled, turn off the option to enable the wifi button in the bios.

I also had this problem. I found I could fix it without an external USB keyboard by toggling the "turn numlock on during boot" in the bios. So if the installer gives wants a keyboard, just reboot into bios and toggle the option, doesn't matter if you turn it on or off. Reboot into the installer and it should see the laptop keyboard.

Second, I noticed that the wifi on/off key still works even if the light is always on or off. But, to make sure wifi is enabled, turn off the option to enable the wifi button in the bios.

Press space key to bypass the screen.:D

Good tip. Thank you.

Big thanks for your work, i did a fresh instal from unibeast stick. Everything works fine, only one thing i cannot solve. Function keys are not working, i have probook 4540s, can somebody help? Which from the rehabman kexts i have to install? Thanks.

Big thanks for your work, i did a fresh instal from unibeast stick. Everything works fine, only one thing i cannot solve. Function keys are not working, i have probook 4540s, can somebody help? Which from the rehabman kexts i have to install? Thanks.

What do you mean "function keys are not working"?

What are you preferences as set in SysPrefs->Keyboard->"Use all F2, F2..."

What do you mean "function keys are not working"?

What are you preferences as set in SysPrefs->Keyboard->"Use all F2, F2..."

Heh my apologies, on mountain lion i was using fn key together with f1-f12 keys to make it working, now I see that holding of the Fn key is no more needent. Everything is working fine so one more time thanks, i really like new mavericks on my probook.

Heh my apologies, on mountain lion i was using fn key together with f1-f12 keys to make it working, now I see that holding of the Fn key is no more needent. Everything is working fine so one more time thanks, i really like new mavericks on my probook.

Ha Ha... I guess it had been a while since you updated your VoodooPS2Controller...

Ha Ha... I guess it had been a while since you updated your VoodooPS2Controller...

Yes, I was using very old PS2 kext, because every time I installed some from the newest kexts, I was still pressing the Fn key with, and I was thinking that new kext are not working with my probook configuration. :)

I just updated to Mavericks on my 4530s from 10.8.2, everything works flawlessly except for the wifi and sound. The HDA bus is recognized, as it shows up in the system report, complete with all of the ports, just with no information except for "connection" I'm 90% certain I'm checking the correct options. The fishy part is that even iMessage works, so I'm sticking with chimera 2.2.1, unless that could be causing anything with the wifi and audio

I have a black screen when starting the installation, there is no bootflag in the guide for my Probook 4230s.

On verbose mode it stops at :

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/System/Library/Extensions/IOBDStorageFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2620 bytes.

Back