Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

You could try GenericUSBXHCI.kext without the Mieze multiplex patch.

sorry, I'm not expert, in the 10.9 forder I have this kexts:

ACPIBacklight.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
ACPIPoller.kext
FakeSMC.kext
ProBookARPT.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

where I can find the Mieze multiplex patch ?

After renamed DSDT.eml and rebooted, many components was unavailable, like wifi, keyboard, and others .-(

Yes, of course. Without patched DSDT, many things do not work. But perhaps GenericUSBXHCI.kext works well without the multiplex patch (because now you have native DSDT without it). Note: you should also use -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag.

sorry, I'm not expert, in the 10.9 forder I have this kexts:

ACPIBacklight.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
ACPIPoller.kext
FakeSMC.kext
ProBookARPT.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

where I can find the Mieze multiplex patch ?

nguyenmac is suggesting you try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Historically, there have been two solutions used for USB3 on the ProBook 4540s.

1. AppleUSBXHCI.kext with Mieze's multiplex DSDT patch.
2. GenericUSBXHCI.kext with -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag (without Mieze's patch)

In order to use GenericUSBXHCI.kext you need to have a DSDT without the multiplex patch. To have other things working (battery, audio, etc) would require you to patch DSDT manually using MaciASL and my ProBook DSDT patch repo, patching with all appropriate patches, omitting the multiplex patch.

For most people, solution #1 works fine (better than #2). Maybe your OS X install isn't vanilla? Did you download it from the Mac App Store?

nguyenmac is suggesting you try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Historically, there have been two solutions used for USB3 on the ProBook 4540s.

1. AppleUSBXHCI.kext with Mieze's multiplex DSDT patch.
2. GenericUSBXHCI.kext with -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag (without Mieze's patch)

In order to use GenericUSBXHCI.kext you need to have a DSDT without the multiplex patch. To have other things working (battery, audio, etc) would require you to patch DSDT manually using MaciASL and my ProBook DSDT patch repo, patching with all appropriate patches, omitting the multiplex patch.

For most people, solution #1 works fine (better than #2). Maybe your OS X install isn't vanilla? Did you download it from the Mac App Store?

I downloaded the Mavericks installer from App Store, and I used the same USB key that I used for my 4540s (in my 4540s works all USB3 e USB2 ports)

I downloaded the Mavericks installer from App Store, and I used the same USB key that I used for my 4540s (in my 4540s works all USB3 e USB2 ports)

You have your additional scenario to test in post #2515. But it is not valid to test GenericUSBXHCI.kext with the USB3 multiplex patch (your previous tests of GenericUSBXHCI.kext are invalid).

Your 4540s has an Ivy CPU. Therefore you're using a different SMBIOS. It could make a difference. You could always try using MacBookPro9,x as another thing to try.

You have your additional scenario to test in post #2515. But it is not valid to test GenericUSBXHCI.kext with the USB3 multiplex patch (your previous tests of GenericUSBXHCI.kext are invalid).

Your 4540s has an Ivy CPU. Therefore you're using a different SMBIOS. It could make a difference. You could always try using MacBookPro9,x as another thing to try.

Ok, thanks a lot. Tomorrow I'll make other tests and I'll let you know

I patched the DSDT but still have KP at boot without the arguments you gave to me.
Now, in Clover Configurator, I can add -xcpm but what about "kext-dev-mode=1", should I remove it or let it checked

I patched the DSDT but still have KP at boot without the arguments you gave to me.
Now, in Clover Configurator, I can add -xcpm but what about "kext-dev-mode=1", should I remove it or let it checked

Please use a quoted reply.

SMBIOS is incorrect for CPU I5-3427U. Should be MacBookAir5,x.

You could also try using -xcpm kernel flag (Boot/Arguments). Make sure to set KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=true.

Once in Clover Configurator, I set SMBIOS to MacBooKAir5,2.
As for the boot argument, I check -xcpm but what about "kext-dev-mode=1" which was previously checked, should I leave it as is or uncheck it ?

Back