Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Windows stores its UEFI bootloader in EFI partition. By restoring wrong image, you had removed completely Windows UEFI bootloader (EFI\Microsoft folder). Google around how to restore the UEFI bootloader for Windows.

Go to System Preferences > Startup disk to set your default startup.

Thanks for your advice.
I copied the EFI folder from a Windows installation flash drive to EFI partition. Then I use the command prompt in Windows Repair to fix it.
But now there are two duplicates in Clover screen, one can boot to 8.1 and the other does nothing. How to remove an entry in Clover ?

Thanks for your advice.
I copied the EFI folder from a Windows installation flash drive to EFI partition. Then I use the command prompt in Windows Repair to fix it.
But now there are two duplicates in Clover screen, one can boot to 8.1 and the other does nothing. How to remove an entry in Clover ?

Post #1, "Custom Entry"

Today I did a fresh install on a new SSD with Clover and migrated my data from the old system.
Thanks to your guide everything went fine!
Only one issue: I can not switch off bluetooth (button is greyed out).
I have original Atheros 9285 that came with my Probook 4530s.
Does anyone know a solution for this?
Thanks a lot!

Today I did a fresh install on a new SSD with Clover and migrated my data from the old system.
Thanks to your guide everything went fine!
Only one issue: I can not switch off bluetooth (button is greyed out).
I have original Atheros 9285 that came with my Probook 4530s.
Does anyone know a solution for this?
Thanks a lot!

No solution. That's the way it has always been with that hardware.

Hi guys, is there any chance to choose the language of installation or only english is supported with this method?
Thanks

Hi guys, is there any chance to choose the language of installation or only english is supported with this method?
Thanks

The OS X installer supports languages other than English.

Hi,

I'm having several kernel panic during shutdown. During shutdown some errors occurs and the system reboots by itself indicating a kernel panic.

I tried to re-patch DSDT but without success.

Is it possible delete the entire contents of the EFI partition and then install from scratch Clover via the usb key?

Hi,

I'm having several kernel panic during shutdown. During shutdown some errors occurs and the system reboots by itself indicating a kernel panic.

I tried to re-patch DSDT but without success.

Is it possible delete the entire contents of the EFI partition and then install from scratch Clover via the usb key?

Yes

Hi,

I tried to delete the contents of the EFI partition and re-patch but the kernel panics continue. They occur at shutdown or if I leave the computer in sleep mode during the night, in the morning I find that during the night the computer was restarted by itself due to so a kernel panic.

can someone help me?

these are the logs of kp

View attachment KP_Sbay.zip

Back