Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Can you please repost the files in Dropbox, my drive died last night and I need to reinstall. Thank you so much for all of your work!

I deleted the 10.9 installer from the application folder and went to the appstore to download Mavericks. After the download has completed, the installer does show in the quick launch but not in the application folder, thus the step #2 failed.

@chasmo: done

@bagnolet: Try running the app from Launchpad, if it can run, find its app and copy to Applications folder.
Or restart and try again.

I'm having Ubuntu legacy with grub installed in sda7. Can it be booted with Clover if i reinstall Mac OS( with chameleon in sda4) using Clover UEFI?

My post seems to be deleted somehow .

My question is after updating to 10.9.2 will i need to use the usb to boot , like what happened with chameleon and unibeast?

I used the migration method from chameleon - to - clover .

My post seems to be deleted somehow .

My question is after updating to 10.9.2 will i need to use the usb to boot , like what happened with chameleon and unibeast?

I used the migration method from chameleon - to - clover .

Try this before updating to 10.9.2:

- Boot to OS X by USB, run PBI Clover Edition and select Kexts + Config and DSDT + SSDT Generator -> Restart.
- Restart, if everything is still good, update to 10.9.2.

While installing 10.9.2 on a 450 G1, I was doing other stuffs, somehow it went from step 5 to step 11 without any input from me. Nice.
BTW: You didn't put the TrimEnabler in the Clover Edition Probook Installer, is it incompatible with Clover?
Edit:
- I have a genuine HP Atheros 9285 combo card (PN 593127-001) but only Wifi works as Airport Extreme, there is no bluetooth.
- After hardware change, I have to repatch the DSDT, can I just run the Clover Edition PBI or do I need to delete the DSDT first?

While installing 10.9.2 on a 450 G1, I was doing other stuffs, somehow it went from step 5 to step 11 without any input from me. Nice.
BTW: You didn't put the TrimEnabler in the Clover Edition Probook Installer, is it incompatible with Clover ?

They're automatically enabled by default, through Clover patch-on-the-fly. Go to System Info to check Trim Support.

- After hardware change, I have to repatch the DSDT, can I just run the Clover Edition PBI or do I need to delete the DSDT first?

You would need to delete the DSDT or otherwise boot without DSDT. The ProBook Installer always extracts the "DSDT to patch" from ioreg, and the one in ioreg is the one the bootloader provides. There is not a way to access the original DSDT when a patched version is injected by the bootloader.

- I have a genuine HP Atheros 9285 combo card (PN 593127-001) but only Wifi works as Airport Extreme, there is no bluetooth.

- For Bluetooth, check if IOath3kfrmwr.kext is in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9. You may have to press Wifi button for BT to work. If they do not work, try using Kext Wizard to install that kext to S/L/E instead.
- Read PBI Clover Edition thread to know how to repatch your dsdt.

Back