Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Unfortunately the same behavior is observed. :)
I will try to live without EFI for now and try triple boot the old way.
Thanks for your help.

You can install using unibeast (turn off UEFI), then use Clover USB to boot to installed OS X and continue. It will be the same.

So i've had a few problems over the last few days trying to upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9.2.

Unibeast failed to complete creation of the installer

Migrated to clover to attempt install by running the install maverick .app and booting 'install maverick from mountain lion'
It took forever to boot and when it got to the installer screen but before any writing came up it froze and was just a grey screen with a :beachball: in the top left corner.

I tried following this guide, created the installer usb but the installer would not load up.

I adapted the instructions in this guide by adding a 10gb partition on my hard drive, using the terminal commands and choosing this partition (took 1 minute to do bearing in mind I have an ssd, maybe 10 mins for standard HD), ran the clover installer on this partition, added the EFI folder & Config file but using the efi boot file from the HD.
This again resulted in the frozen screen with the beachball.

I tried booting the EFI file from the installer usb and tried the installer from my 10gb partition and it booted & installed flawlessly.
Install took 32 minutes which is probably faster than using the usb stick. Maybe this should be adapted as an os x upgrade method??

On conclusion, there seems to be an issue with the clover efi install on my hard drive & the installer made on disk.
Make of that what you will.

I have a question, when I press my power button nothing happens, if I hold it then it puts my display to sleep.
Is that normal?

So i've had a few problems over the last few days trying to upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9.2.

Unibeast failed to complete creation of the installer

Migrated to clover to attempt install by running the install maverick .app and booting 'install maverick from mountain lion'
It took forever to boot and when it got to the installer screen but before any writing came up it froze and was just a grey screen with a :beachball: in the top left corner.

I tried following this guide, created the installer usb but the installer would not load up.

I adapted the instructions in this guide by adding a 10gb partition on my hard drive, using the terminal commands and choosing this partition (took 1 minute to do bearing in mind I have an ssd, maybe 10 mins for standard HD), ran the clover installer on this partition, added the EFI folder & Config file but using the efi boot file from the HD.
This again resulted in the frozen screen with the beachball.

I tried booting the EFI file from the installer usb and tried the installer from my 10gb partition and it booted & installed flawlessly.
Install took 32 minutes which is probably faster than using the usb stick. Maybe this should be adapted as an os x upgrade method??

On conclusion, there seems to be an issue with the clover efi install on my hard drive & the installer made on disk.
Make of that what you will.

Did you remember to disable Radeon in BIOS?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question, when I press my power button nothing happens, if I hold it then it puts my display to sleep.
Is that normal?

Normal. New "feature" with Mavericks...

Did you remember to disable Radeon in BIOS?

Yes, I also disabled virtualisation in bios as per the guide.

I was very frustrated that for no apparent reason I was having issues such as unibeast failing, I used the same memory stick to install Lion & Mountain Lion and according to a memory test app it's working fine.

I do remember that when I was new to hackingtoshing on my old laptop that when my SL install went faulty that the install cd would not boot at all, I had to use my windows cd to delete and re-create the partition before the cd would boot.

Relevant? Maybe... Since I already had ML on the HD and it was an upgrade?

Hello! Thank you for the reply!
I am using the HD 3000 1366x768 config file.

I replaced my EFI USB folder with the new updated Clover files from OP Dropbox.
Clover now detects the "Install OS X" USB partition and my previous "OS X" HDD install.
The problem now is that when I select "Install OS X" there is a white screen with Apple logo and no indicator for loading and nothing happens after 23 minutes of waiting.

If I select my OS X on HDD parition, it boots successfully.
Any ideas?

Edit:
Tried to boot with -v option.
When selecting the "Install OS X" there are only 4 lines of text and boot process stops with line

"root device uuid is "3094745- some numbers.." "
_

And nothing happens aftetr that.

I was having the same issues as this person when trying to boot from the installer on the USB installer.

I was having the same issues as this person when trying to boot from the installer on the USB installer.

Test the latest Clover.zip

I was using Clover_v2k_r2652.zip so I don't know if that was the recent version?
As my post said I found an alternative method anyway but maybe Bakadesu could give it a try.

Hi

I had dual boot install of Windows 7 and Mavericks working great.
I did migrate to Clover using guidelines from http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader-134.html
This works fine as well apart that I can not boot to Win 7 anymore.
From all the readings I presume that I have Legacy install not UEFI.

Is there any way I can set Clover to boot my existing Win 7 again ?

The next thing I would like to go for is to turn my HPbook to close to vanilla system for further MAC OSX upgrades.

All help appreciated.

Cheers
Piotr

Hi

I had dual boot install of Windows 7 and Mavericks working great.
I did migrate to Clover using guidelines from http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader-134.html
This works fine as well apart that I can not boot to Win 7 anymore.
From all the readings I presume that I have Legacy install not UEFI.

Is there any way I can set Clover to boot my existing Win 7 again ?

The next thing I would like to go for is to turn my HPbook to close to vanilla system for further MAC OSX upgrades.

All help appreciated.

Cheers
Piotr

You will need to convert Windows to UEFI boot. It is possible but requires some familiarity with repairing the Windows bootloader via BCDEDIT...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...rting-legacy-windows-install-uefi-clover.html

Back