Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

if you can boot with both drives in, even by using usb installer to get into osx, (or from installer) open terminal and type

diskutil list

then post up results.

@ nguyenmac
which file should i rename?
didn´t understand what you mean :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-09 at 19.37.32.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-09 at 19.37.32.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 104
In EFI partition of SSD, create /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ folder, copy /EFI/Clover/Cloverx64.efi there and rename it to /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi

now it works
deleted efi partition completely,reformatted as fat32 instead of hfs+...reinstalled clover and windows efi files...works now like a charm
super fast boot at both OS,mavericks and windows 8.1
thx for all

now it works
deleted efi partition completely,reformatted as fat32 instead of hfs+...reinstalled clover and windows efi files...works now like a charm
super fast boot at both OS,mavericks and windows 8.1
thx for all

Wonder why the EFI partition has HFS+ format....

Nice job!

maybe I copied the wrong line to terminal from clover_install.log to reformat efi partition after unsuccessful installation of clover bootloader...now i know: uefi can only find efi partition @ boot, if it is formatted in fat32,NOT hfs+ :) learned for lifetime

@nguyenmac

HP 4330s here. I've prepared and SD card with clover files that are attached in the 1st post of this thread. When I start my notebook and hit F9 -> Boot from EFI File I get a single line: "Select File System" and that's it. I can't move my mouse, there is nothing to choose from. Any ideas?

@nguyenmac

HP 4330s here. I've prepared and SD card with clover files that are attached in the 1st post of this thread. When I start my notebook and hit F9 -> Boot from EFI File I get a single line: "Select File System" and that's it. I can't move my mouse, there is nothing to choose from. Any ideas?

I haven't tested SD card, not sure if it is supported in UEFI mode. USB flash drive works to me.

@nguyenmac

Even if you get BIOS to show SD card for UEFI boot, it is not going to work for OS X boot because of a driver issue.

Even if you get BIOS to show SD card for UEFI boot, it is not going to work for OS X boot because of a driver issue.

Pendrive solved my issues - booted like a charm. It's funny though. I was using a card reader for all my previous installations, both clover and chimera, on various different hacks and it worked every time. Nevertheless, issue solved.

Hello,

I have an HP 4540s that I cannot get to the install screen. I am able to get to the Clover boot loader, select Install osx, however I receive the following error. This has to be something simple I am missing. This is on a fresh install, on a new hard drive. I followed this guide, and see no troubleshooting for this. Any direction would be much appreciated!

ukQs6q2.jpg

Back