Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

It worked before...i changed the theme of clover...console: no interval found for . using 8000000

It worked before...i changed the theme of clover...console: no interval found for . using 8000000

What Clover version are you using? (System Preferences > Clover)

2236(newest)

I think maybe the uefi update from the app store caused the issue,after installing mavericks with clover

Changed config.plist,tried every usb port,restarted...mouse don´t work...

What did you install in the ProBook Installer? Also, what hardware?

Hello; This setup seems geared towards Laptops; and the clover package you had for download allowed me to install Mavericks successfully on my Desktop (a Gigabyte Z77X-UP7; New build). I am trying to find SMBIOS and config.plist settings for my Board, with no success. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello; This setup seems geared towards Laptops; and the clover package you had for download allowed me to install Mavericks successfully on my Desktop (a Gigabyte Z77X-UP7; New build). I am trying to find SMBIOS and config.plist settings for my Board, with no success. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

What config.plist did you use to install Mavericks? You can find SMBIOS list here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Smbios.plist

Great guide, nguyenmac

I've been using Clover since it began to support HP UEFI. Some issues remain unsolved:

1. I have to choose "UEFI with CSM" setting in BIOS (otherwise, windows 7 won't boot). and Clover theme will be stretched
horizontally, even if I add ScreenResolution entry in config.plist. Also tried add/remove CsmVideoDxe[FONT=arial, sans-serif]-64.efi , enable/disable PatchVBios. no luck[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]But if I use Clover on USB key as boot loader, the resolution will be 1366x768.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]2.All kexts under kets/10.9 are loaded except [/FONT]HSSDBlockStorage.kext, therefore I can't use SD card reader, also tried to put JMB38X and HSSDBlockStorage in /System/Libraries/Extensions, same result

But if I use JMicron official installation package, which also uses the same kexts, card reader will work.

3.When boot from EFI on hard disk, I get a blank screen after clicking the UEFI shell icon in Clover GUI.
But if I use Clover on USB key as boot loader. UEFI shell works.

I wonder if the above issues can be resolved. thanks

Great guide, nguyenmac

I've been using Clover since it began to support HP UEFI. Some issues remain unsolved:

1. I have to choose "UEFI with CSM" setting in BIOS (otherwise, windows 7 won't boot). and Clover theme will be stretched
horizontally, even if I add ScreenResolution entry in config.plist. Also tried add/remove CsmVideoDxe-64.efi , enable/disable PatchVBios. no luck

But if I use Clover on USB key as boot loader, the resolution will be 1366x768.

2.All kexts under kets/10.9 are loaded except HSSDBlockStorage.kext, therefore I can't use SD card reader, also tried to put JMB38X and HSSDBlockStorage in /System/Libraries/Extensions, same result

But if I use JMicron official installation package, which also uses the same kexts, card reader will work.

3.When boot from EFI on hard disk, I get a blank screen after clicking the UEFI shell icon in Clover GUI.
But if I use Clover on USB key as boot loader. UEFI shell works.

I wonder if the above issues can be resolved. thanks

Do you have Fast boot in BIOS? Disable it may help.
Are the Clover folder on your drive the same as on USB key?

If you can, post your boot.log when boot from HDD and USB key.

Back