Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

perhaps clover will see a hybrid MBR windows install on GPT HDD? That might resolve my issue, its something related to boot up, BCD gets messed up or something?

Your os x restart happens a while after you wake up from sleep, is that right? It's a problem for 6-series chipset. I guess it won't be fixed.

You can try if Windows MBR can work stably on your system. To get Clover UEFI recognize your install, see the posts above. I used to have dual boot Windows 8 UEFI + ML on my old 6-series laptop, and I don't have crashes in Windows. I can bear with the sleep problem, as long as I don't have to mess up with boot-records lol

I have successfully installed Mavericks on my HP Probook 4540s (Ivy Bridge i5). It's working flawlessly! Thanks nguyenmac and everyone else involved. :thumbup:

I have a minor "problem" though. It's just a tiny detail that's bugging me. Whenever the system boots, the animated loading icon below the Apple logo is really distorted and out of place. Not sure what is causing it. Everything else is working 100%.

Here's a video I recorded: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wj6rr343td9b6a/MOV004.mp4

I have successfully installed Mavericks on my HP Probook 4540s (Ivy Bridge i5). It's working flawlessly! Thanks nguyenmac and everyone else involved. :thumbup:

I have a minor "problem" though. It's just a tiny detail that's bugging me. Whenever the system boots, the animated loading icon below the Apple logo is really distorted and out of place. Not sure what is causing it. Everything else is working 100%.

Here's a video I recorded: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wj6rr343td9b6a/MOV004.mp4

When on SSD this rarely shows. This is happening, but it does not bother me. On Z68 desktop of mine spinning wheel works perfectly (GTX285) with Clover.

When on SSD this rarely shows. This is happening, but it does not bother me. On Z68 desktop of mine spinning wheel works perfectly (GTX285) with Clover.

A problem for 4x40s only? I don't see this in my laptop with SSD. Can you give me /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log when this happens?

A problem for 4x40s only? I don't see this in my laptop with SSD. Can you give me /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log when this happens?
For the record, my laptop doesn't have an SSD. Below is my boot.log file.

Attachments

• boot.log
    13.1 KB · Views: 130
For the record, my laptop doesn't have an SSD. Below is my boot.log file.

I don't see any problems with your console.log, except one line:
Code:
0:397  0:000  Error in Second part of settings0: Not Found
Probably there are errors in config.plist. In addtition, your display resolution is 1366x768, while mine is 1600x900. Please post your config.plist, and try the latest version of Clover here:
http://ge.tt/3BCHQow?c

I don't see any problems with your console.log, except one line:
Code:
0:397  0:000  Error in Second part of settings0: Not Found
Probably there are errors in config.plist. In addtition, your display resolution is 1366x768, while mine is 1600x900. Please post your config.plist, and try the latest version of Clover here:
http://ge.tt/3BCHQow?c
Ok! Here's my config.plist.

I'm gonna download the latest Clover and report back if there's any difference. Thanks.

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.8 KB · Views: 300
i still don't get why my windows partition won't as default boot

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 268
  • boot.log
    20.4 KB · Views: 125

If there is "efi-boot-device-data" variable in nvram, Clover will use it to select the last boot partition, ignore the value in config.plist. For 6-series laptops, we have to use EmuVariable to emulate nvram, and it only works on OS X, so the "efi-boot-device-data" always set to Macintosh HD. I will find a way to solve it.

I notice that you create custom entries for Legacy to hide it. You can disable Legacy scan instead (Gui > Scan > Custom > Entries checked, Legacy unchecked).

Here is a temporary solution to disable "efi-boot-device-data" value:
- Go to System Preferences > Clover > NVRam Variables > set "Save NVRAM contents to disk" to Never
- Open Macintosh HD/nvram.plist (hidden file, you should use Plist editor to edit) and delete efi-booot-device data:
Code:
<key>efi-boot-device</key>
    <data>
    PGFycmF5PjxkaWN0PjxrZXk+SU9NYXRjaDwva2V5PjxkaWN0PjxrZXk+SU9Qcm92aWRl
    ckNsYXNzPC9rZXk+PHN0cmluZz5JT01lZGlhPC9zdHJpbmc+PGtleT5JT1Byb3BlcnR5
    TWF0Y2g8L2tleT48ZGljdD48a2V5PlVVSUQ8L2tleT48c3RyaW5nPjIyRjQ4MTA3LTUy
    QTctNDJBRi04QjExLTdBQTAwM0JGQUI2ODwvc3RyaW5nPjwvZGljdD48L2RpY3Q+PC9k
    aWN0PjwvYXJyYXk+
    </data>
    <key>efi-boot-device-data</key>
    <data>
    AgEMANBBAwoAAAAAAQEGAAIfAxIKAAAAAAAAAAQBKgAEAAAAAOgnBgAAAABoe6wIAAAA