Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Very nice. It's just for testing, so no confirmation yet.

Btw, do your sound work now?

Yes audio works fine now after following the link you provided thanks!

just wifi now, waiting for card to arrive from USA, might be a couple of weeks, I have ethernet anyway, so no panic.

i have noticed the behaviour is different on this when closing the laptop lid, it seems to log me out instead of just hibernating, or sleeping, does yours do the same?

Yes audio works fine now after following the link you provided thanks!

just wifi now, waiting for card to arrive from USA, might be a couple of weeks, I have ethernet anyway, so no panic.

i have noticed the behaviour is different on this when closing the laptop lid, it seems to log me out instead of just hibernating, or sleeping, does yours do the same?

No, my system just sleeps immediately after closing the lid, and the led blinks. Does your laptop sleep with Sleep in Apple menu?

sleep works correctly from menu.

Ive just tried it again and closing the lid seems to sleep it as normal, Ive only noticed it log me out a couple of times.

It seems to be when it is left for a longer period.

Is there a section in the log I could check if it happens again to see whats happening?

I've got to face the trouble of getting the windows install seen again, its setup as MBR on GPT (on 2nd hdd) which worked fine on hybrid UEFI on 4530s. I may tackle getting it to instal UEFI on 2nd drive again but I don't hold much hope for it lol.

You can set it at System preferences > Security & Privacy > Require password after ... after sleep

Thats already unchecked..

Ill see if it does it again, report back.

I'm just reading up to see if I can convert windows MBR to EFI, seems its possible, that "might" get me around the issue of clover not seeing it.

I can't remember now why I couldn't get it to run EFI previously on 2nd HDD only MBR..

Thats already unchecked..

Ill see if it does it again, report back.

I'm just reading up to see if I can convert windows MBR to EFI, seems its possible, that "might" get me around the issue of clover not seeing it.

I can't remember now why I couldn't get it to run EFI previously on 2nd HDD only MBR..

It's a bit trouble with Windows UEFI... You can only install it in UEFI if you have one drive at the time (it means you have to take Windows drive to internal slot, or install it in SSD)

I remember your Windows 7 UEFI was not stable, so you switch to Windows legacy.

I have not converted Windows Legacy to Windows UEFI yet. I just reinstalled.

Your right, I did have stability issues..

hmmm, might just abandon windows completely, I don't suppose you know if linux will run UEFI from 2nd hdd?

( I have a feeling I will be pulling my hair out swapping drives over again soon lol)

Or any way for clover to find the legacy windows again on the 8470p?

Ignore my last, forgot Im using a new config.plist, had to enable legacy options again.

windows now found, but fails to boot, probably doesn't like being in a new laptop, at least I can see it again now, might just have to repair the windows boot again.

Ignore my last, forgot Im using a new config.plist, had to enable legacy options again.

windows now found, but fails to boot, probably doesn't like being in a new laptop, at least I can see it again now, might just have to repair the windows boot again.

It failed to booot because you're using UEFI native without CSM, switch to UEFI with CSM may help.

It failed to booot because you're using UEFI native without CSM, switch to UEFI with CSM may help.

Was just about to post and say that exact thing, it does work, obvious really, without CSM it was never going to boot anything but EFI.

windows started fine if I enable with CSM, Ill leave it without, as it looks nicer, maybe other benefits? and I very very rarely use windows.

That was an easy solution, didn't even reach for the screwdrivers lol.

Back