Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

there's something related to Can't install Windows UEFI because it says this is a MBR drive.
Interesting is that i don't have any fat partition or ever had on my drive.

there's something related to Can't install Windows UEFI because it says this is a MBR drive.
Interesting is that i don't have any fat partition or ever had on my drive.

Use gparted Linux USB, go to terminal in Linux and run gdisk to convert your drive from Hybrid MBR to Protective MBR.

It maybe result of having NTFS/FAT partition on your drive since you first reformat your drive.

open terminal

Code:
diskutil list

paste result

/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS OS X 250.0 GB disk0s2
3: Microsoft Basic Data 250.1 GB disk0s3
4: Apple_HFS Untitled 3 499.6 GB disk0s4

- - - Updated - - -

open terminal

Code:
diskutil list

paste result

/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS OS X 250.0 GB disk0s2
3: Microsoft Basic Data 250.1 GB disk0s3
4: Apple_HFS Untitled 3 499.6 GB disk0s4

@pwd: try my suggest.

@nguyenmac

not sure if you tried the find my mac fix yet?

mines still working days on, I do find that sometimes it will fail to look a second time, but after a reboot it works again, which is possibly more important if a mac was stolen?

I'm not on the very latest clover, perhaps there has been a fix included with that now?

maybe something to be added to your guide for those that want FMM, if you find it successful also.

cheers

@nguyenmac

not sure if you tried the find my mac fix yet?

mines still working days on, I do find that sometimes it will fail to look a second time, but after a reboot it works again, which is possibly more important if a mac was stolen?

I'm not on the very latest clover, perhaps there has been a fix included with that now?

maybe something to be added to your guide for those that want FMM, if you find it successful also.

cheers

Sorry, recent Clover versions do not have any fixes for FMM. Btw, I disabled FMM to hide the Guest account at login.

- Fan behavior: your prefered fan methods, do not use "Quiet fan patch" in Clover.

My computer would restart everytime after two minutes after waking up from sleep unless I make DSDT with 'quiet fan patch' in PBI and use my own ssdt.

Hope it could help someone.

My computer would restart everytime after two minutes after waking up from sleep unless I make DSDT with 'quiet fan patch' in PBI and use my own ssdt.

Hope it could help someone.

As rehabman said, Quiet fan patch can stop your fan and lead to overheat. Do you get restart after wake if you don't have SSDT.aml, and Generate=true in config.plist?

Back