Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

I tried a clean install of OSX, and this time did not check the Old Kext Remover in PBI. It still gave me the Apple with Spinning Wheel error. Tried installing only CC and still gives me the error.

I did note that if I boot OSX in verbose mode by pressing space bar in Clover, I can bypass the error, reinstall Clover via PBI and start over. Prevents me from always reinstalling everything now.

In #2726 you wrote "It's more or less working now.". Not true?

Why this?

Code:
Dec 10 07:32:35 Patricks-MacBook-Pro.local Installer[507]: 	Install: "HD4600 OpenCL"
Dec 10 07:32:35 Patricks-MacBook-Pro.local Installer[507]: 		HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition.pkg#HD4600_OpenCL.pkg : com.MadMax.pkg.Support.HD4600OpenCL : 1.0

It boots and works. But when installing PBI, checking Misc OSX files now automatically checks HD4600 OpenCL for the 2x70p.

I overlooked this since it was not yet a feature in the pre-Yosemite PBI.

I'll do another clean install and see if this solves the problem.

Thank you again.

EDIT:
Clean Install, unchecked BTFirmwareUploader and 4600 OpenCL in PBI.

Still encountering booting errors.

Updated Troubleshooting Files

It boots and works. But when installing PBI, checking Misc OSX files now automatically checks HD4600 OpenCL for the 2x70p.

I overlooked this since it was not yet a feature in the pre-Yosemite PBI.

I'll do another clean install and see if this solves the problem.

Thank you again.

EDIT:
Clean Install, unchecked BTFirmwareUploader and 4600 OpenCL in PBI.

Still encountering booting errors.

Updated Troubleshooting Files
You didn't select "SSDT generator/patcher"

And "FixEDID" is not for your system, please read the description carefully!

Try another reinstall without "EliteBook logo" selected.

i using HP probook 450 G1, Windows 8.1 64 OS, CPU intel core i5 4200M, GPU AMD 8750M. I purpose to use Mac OS and Window OS contemporary . But whether when i install MAC OS by steps in this guide, does my hardware able to damaged or make it out of warranty? Can i keep my data? Beside, my hardware using Mediatek Wifi chipset, it's mean when i installed Mac OS, it will not able to use wifi? And when i've already installed Mac OS but dont want to use it anymore, can i delete it? :banghead::banghead:

i using HP probook 450 G1, Windows 8.1 64 OS, CPU intel core i5 4200M, GPU AMD 8750M. I purpose to use Mac OS and Window OS contemporary . But whether when i install MAC OS by steps in this guide, does my hardware able to damaged or make it out of warranty? Can i keep my data? Beside, my hardware using Mediatek Wifi chipset, it's mean when i installed Mac OS, it will not able to use wifi? And when i've already installed Mac OS but dont want to use it anymore, can i delete it? :banghead::banghead:

This guide requires a repartition (as do most guides). You will need to re-install Windows and restore your data from backup.

You will need to replace your WiFi hardware with a device that is compatible with OS X.

how complicated ! :eek:. so, can i keep the data not in window partition? ( data outside C:\ partition ):confused:.
Except problems i mentioned, do you know any problems encounter with my product? Thanks!

how complicated ! :eek:. so, can i keep the data not in window partition? ( data outside C:\ partition ):confused:.
Except problems i mentioned, do you know any problems encounter with my product? Thanks!

To follow this guide, you have to start fresh with everything.

If you wish, you can read what is involved in keeping your Windows install (assuming it is a Windows UEFI install): http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

If you understand what is discussed in that thread (read the entire thread), and have a good understanding of the tools involved, then perhaps you can use your knowledge and the guide in post #1 to install without wiping your current Windows install.

Thank you nguyenmac. The previous installs had the SSDT generator/patcher checked.

Will try reinstalling without the Fix EDID and EliteBook logo options.

EDIT:
Clean installed with the following PBI items checked:
Clover UEFI, OSX Supports Kext 2x70p, Patch DSDT, 2x70p config, Original Fan Patch, Low Res screen, SSDT generator, and color profiles. OS boots up without error.

Every time I try to install CC in PBI Extra Tools, it fails to install and gives the booting error again. Took a screenshot in verbose mode.
P_20141211_000215.jpg

To follow this guide, you have to start fresh with everything.

If you wish, you can read what is involved in keeping your Windows install (assuming it is a Windows UEFI install): http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

If you understand what is discussed in that thread (read the entire thread), and have a good understanding of the tools involved, then perhaps you can use your knowledge and the guide in post #1 to install without wiping your current Windows install.
but whether my hardware been damaged when i install follow the guide in #1?

Thank you nguyenmac. The previous installs had the SSDT generator/patcher checked.

Will try reinstalling without the Fix EDID and EliteBook logo options.

EDIT:
Clean installed with the following PBI items checked:
Clover UEFI, OSX Supports Kext 2x70p, Patch DSDT, 2x70p config, Original Fan Patch, Low Res screen, SSDT generator, and color profiles. OS boots up without error.

Every time I try to install CC in PBI Extra Tools, it fails to install and gives the booting error again. Took a screenshot in verbose mode.
View attachment 117628

So the problem is CCC right? Can you somehow send me /var/log/install.log before reinstalling again?

Back