Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Installed on ProBook 4730s! All works perfectly! Thanks to the authors of this magnificence
:thumbup:

That works as long as your always choosing to inject. Kexts you plan to use always should be installed to /s/l/e.

Hi,

I know that the quote above of RehabMan is a few month ago (12-22-2013), but I'm writing because I have the same problem as asadmari had.
I want to install Mavericks on an 8460p, but always the error "waiting for dsmos" occurs.
I found out already that I should install FakeSMC.kext to the /s/l/e, but I don't know how to do it. I tryed it when starting mac installer in single user mode and wanted to copy the FakeSMC.kext, but it didn't work.

RehabMan wrote I should "choose to incect". But where and how can I do this. Thanks for your help!

matiasmus

Hi,

I know that the quote above of RehabMan is a few month ago (12-22-2013), but I'm writing because I have the same problem as asadmari had.
I want to install Mavericks on an 8460p, but always the error "waiting for dsmos" occurs.
I found out already that I should install FakeSMC.kext to the /s/l/e, but I don't know how to do it. I tryed it when starting mac installer in single user mode and wanted to copy the FakeSMC.kext, but it didn't work.

RehabMan wrote I should "choose to incect". But where and how can I do this. Thanks for your help!

matiasmus

Please provide your hardware detail before asking questions.

Hi,

matiasmus

How you arrange FakeSMC and other kexts is largely personal preference and the specifics depend on a number of configuration options.

If you're getting "Waiting for DSMOS" without "DSMOS has arrived", it indicates FakeSMC is not loading.

Hi,

some time ago I talked about a problem with KP that occur during shutdown of the laptop.

Now I found how replicate the problem:

- Boot the laptop
- put the laptop in Stop and then wake it up for 5-6 times ( wait at least 4-5 minutes from wake-up and sleep)
- then shutdown the laptop

Following this steps, I have a KP during shutdown, every time.

Could someone please repeat this test and see if this problem occurs with all of them?

I think that the problem is related to BTFirmwareUploader.kext.

For double check I removed BTFirmwareUploader from S/L/E and I repeated the test for 4 times: NO KP issues( In this case I repeated the cicle sleep/wake-up for 8 times).

I would like to see if the problem is only mine or if it is a problem common to all and then communicate the results to the developer of BTFirmwareUploader to see if the problem can be solved.

Thanks so much

I have no problem with Shutdown KP, probably because I don't use sleep much (3 at max). I only got Boot KP frequently btw:lol:

I have no problem with Shutdown KP, probably because I don't use sleep much (3 at max). I only got Boot KP frequently btw:lol:

:D

Could you please test for 5-6 times?

Thanks a lot

Config and DSDT patcher:- ProBook model: your Probook Model
- Fan behavior: Readings only.
- Display type: your display resolution
Why should I choose "Fan behavior: Readings only."? Why not a "Original fan patch" or "Quiet fan patch"?

Why should I choose "Fan behavior: Readings only."? Why not a "Original fan patch" or "Quiet fan patch"?

It's old time... I forgot updating the guide. Thanks.

Back