Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Thanks for the information Rehab... what exactly am I looking at though when I see your signature? Meaning, for your first laptop I see the following:

Laptop#1: HP ProBook 4540s D8C12UT (1080p), i5-3230m, BIOS F.50a: OS X 10.9.5/10.7.5/Win81.

Okay, the HP Probook 4540s I understand, but what is D8C12UT (1080p) mean? Does 1080p reference some sort of resolution?

The i5-3230m?? Is that the intel chip? All I know is is I have a
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 / 2.53 GHz... is there a better way to find this info out?

Sorry, I guess I just don't know what I don't know. I know I can load Linux on this laptop without a problem, but that doesn't mean anything as I know the format of the drive is completely different with a Hackintosh (or I believe it is).

Thanks,

John

Followed the guide, installed fine, got windows to install, and dual boot works. But I have no sound in OSx. Not sure what is going on. I had sound under Chameleon, but none under Clover.

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
Thanks for the information Rehab... what exactly am I looking at though when I see your signature? Meaning, for your first laptop I see the following:

Laptop#1: HP ProBook 4540s D8C12UT (1080p), i5-3230m, BIOS F.50a: OS X 10.9.5/10.7.5/Win81.

Okay, the HP Probook 4540s I understand, but what is D8C12UT (1080p) mean? Does 1080p reference some sort of resolution?

The i5-3230m?? Is that the intel chip? All I know is is I have a
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 / 2.53 GHz... is there a better way to find this info out?

Sorry, I guess I just don't know what I don't know. I know I can load Linux on this laptop without a problem, but that doesn't mean anything as I know the format of the drive is completely different with a Hackintosh (or I believe it is).

Thanks,

John

D8C12UT is the HP model#. 1080p refers to the screen resolution. i5-3230m is the CPU model...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Followed the guide, installed fine, got windows to install, and dual boot works. But I have no sound in OSx. Not sure what is going on. I had sound under Chameleon, but none under Clover.

Don't forget to rebuild kernel cache.

Any idea, why the bootup of my newly installed Mac Mavericks takes about 1:30 minutes of bootup? It is installed on a SSD and with Chimera it booted up in like five seconds.

Hello.

After fixing my Win7 multiboot problem on my own I have 2 problems left (even the current installation is nearly perfect):

- after wake from sleep my USB devices are unmounted and remounted "USB disk was not ejected correctly)
- I can not login to Messages and Facetime (iTunes and Appstore is woring)

Is there any sollution for that? Troubleshooting files are here (as they are too big to upload): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xen20rvvf...0A-QOu3Va?dl=0

Thanks a million.
Yours Simon

Hi.

Sorry, I forgot to tell: I allready did the network recreation. I know it from my HackPro. Or have I overread something in additio?

THanks.
Yours Simon

Thank you for the help! Much appreciated Rehab.

- John

Any idea, why the bootup of my newly installed Mac Mavericks takes about 1:30 minutes of bootup? It is installed on a SSD and with Chimera it booted up in like five seconds.

We don't use Chimera with the Probook...

Make sure your DSDT is patched from current native DSDT.

Which SSD? Were you using the TRIM patch with Chameleon?

Back