Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

I did that, but it hangs at a bios screen with VGA resolutions. I also tried booting it in EFI settings but no luck. You did install Windows normally right? Not from within Parallels?

I installed exactly like in the 1st post. When I start Bootcamp, it unmount EFI, Windows partitions, then PD boots Clover > Windows.

I installed exactly like in the 1st post. When I start Bootcamp, it unmount EFI, Windows partitions, then PD boots Clover > Windows.

That sounds great, but I don't follow at all. Do you mean you installed Windows with Bootcamp? Because I installed it as you normally would on a PC. Clover picks up the EFI and that is how I boot into Windows.

Could you provide some config.plst for those of us that have upgraded our displays to 1920x1080?
Thank you.

That sounds great, but I don't follow at all. Do you mean you installed Windows with Bootcamp? Because I installed it as you normally would on a PC. Clover picks up the EFI and that is how I boot into Windows.

I install Windows UEFI normally, not through PD.

Could you provide some config.plst for those of us that have upgraded our displays to 1920x1080?
Thank you.

Use 1600x900 file.

I install Windows UEFI normally, not through PD.

Maybe I should note that I am installing this on a desktop, not a laptop. However, I thought the process should be the same.

This is what happens:
Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 19.54.53.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-12 at 19.55.01.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-12 at 19.58.26.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-12 at 19.58.39.png
Then, it just hangs there and nothing happens. When I select EFI boot, I get the following:
Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 20.10.50.png

Maybe I should note that I am installing this on a desktop, not a laptop. However, I thought the process should be the same.

This is what happens:
View attachment 98491View attachment 98492View attachment 98493View attachment 98494
Then, it just hangs there and nothing happens. When I select EFI boot, I get the following:
View attachment 98495
Probably because of your partition configuration. I'm having Clover, Mac and Windows on one SSD.

Are you sure you're having Windows UEFI instead of Windows Legacy?

Probably because of your partition configuration. I'm having Clover, Mac and Windows on one SSD.

Are you sure you're having Windows UEFI instead of Windows Legacy?

Yes I have, since Clover gives me the option to start windows from the EFI partition. However, the EFI partition Windows is located on is on my Mavericks SSD. Maybe that is a problem?
Could I otherwise do a UEFI Windows install from within Parallels?

EDIT: I got it working, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate...avericks-windows-8-1-dual-boot-parallels.html

Yes I have, since Clover gives me the option to start windows from the EFI partition. However, the EFI partition Windows is located on is on my Mavericks SSD. Maybe that is a problem?
Could I otherwise do a UEFI Windows install from within Parallels?

Not sure, I have all of them in one SSD.

I did that and booted from USB to screwy screen. When I used a config.plist from previous working install, all worked well.

I did that and booted from USB to screwy screen. When I used a config.plist from previous working install, all worked well.

send me that config.plist

Back