Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Atheros Bluetooth can't use only native OS X kexts, they need a firmware uploader to make it work, while Broadcom Bluetooth use native kexts.

I have the atheros one in my probook and bluetooth doesn't work properly most of the times.
You say that if I change it for the broadcom one, I will have a fully working bluetooth?

Thanks.

I have the atheros one in my probook and bluetooth doesn't work properly most of the times.
You say that if I change it for the broadcom one, I will have a fully working bluetooth?

Thanks.

Depends on which ProBook you're talking about. As you know, the 4x30s has a BIOS whitelist which prevents use of alternate cards.

Depends on which ProBook you're talking about. As you know, the 4x30s has a BIOS whitelist which prevents use of alternate cards.

So, time to buy a probook 44x0s. BTW, which is the gold medal compatible hackintosh laptop at the moment?

Thanks!

So, time to buy a probook 44x0s. BTW, which is the gold medal compatible hackintosh laptop at the moment?

Thanks!

I think you mean ProBook 4x40s...

All hackintosh laptops have various issues, so it depends on which issues matter to you...

I think you mean ProBook 4x40s...

All hackintosh laptops have various issues, so it depends on which issues matter to you...

Yes sorry, it was the 4x40s.
Is possible to create a compatible hackintosh laptop list? gold medal ones, silver medal ones and bronze medal ones?
For example, on the 4x30s series only th BT and the switch graphic cards (for who have a dedicated gpu too) will not work (properly).
On the 4x40s series, how I understand, BT can work perfectly, so is better than the 4x30s series and so on.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

Yes sorry, it was the 4x40s.
Is possible to create a compatible hackintosh laptop list? gold medal ones, silver medal ones and bronze medal ones?
For example, on the 4x30s series only th BT and the switch graphic cards (for who have a dedicated gpu too) will not work (properly).
On the 4x40s series, how I understand, BT can work perfectly, so is better than the 4x30s series and so on.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

Ranking is entirely subjective. Like RehabMan said, every laptop lines has their downsides. Like:
- 6-series chipset is weak with HD3000 and unstable sleep with UEFI, but has working VGA port.
- 7-series chipset is stable, but VGA port is not working.
- 8-series chipset has some stable problems, but HD4600 is superior compared to HD4000.

Ranking is entirely subjective. Like RehabMan said, every laptop lines has their downsides. Like:
- 6-series chipset is weak with HD3000 and unstable sleep with UEFI, but has working VGA port.
- 7-series chipset is stable, but VGA port is not working.
- 8-series chipset has some stable problems, but HD4600 is superior compared to HD4000.

Nice, thanks!
What do you mean when you say that the chipset is weak or stable or with stable problems?
BTW, I'm asking a list, because I see a lot of new users asking here in the forum, for which laptop model they should buy.
IMHO, a hackintosh laptop compatibility list can be a good startup point for everyone.

Thanks!

Nice, thanks!
What do you mean when you say that the chipset is weak or stable or with stable problems?
BTW, I'm asking a list, because I see a lot of new users asking here in the forum, for which laptop model they should buy.
IMHO, a hackintosh laptop compatibility list can be a good startup point for everyone.

Thanks!

There can be no right answer for everyone as each person's needs are different. What is a "show stopper" for one person, can easily be ignored by another.

And the success with any given laptop depends on many factors including the skill of the person installing OS X, their ability to filter good information from bad, their ability to follow instructions accurately, and how keen their common sense.

There can be no right answer for everyone as each person's needs are different. What is a "show stopper" for one person, can easily be ignored by another.

And the success with any given laptop depends on many factors including the skill of the person installing OS X, their ability to filter good information from bad, their ability to follow instructions accurately, and how keen their common sense.

You are completely right!
One last thing, What nguyenmac mean when he say that the chipset is weak or stable or with stable problems in the post 1802?

Thanks!

You are completely right!
One last thing, What nguyenmac mean when he say that the chipset is weak or stable or with stable problems in the post 1802?

Thanks!

I'm not sure exactly, but HD3000 is known to suffer from glitches whereas HD4000 is fairly stable. And some report issues with Clover and 6-series chipsets wrt sleep.

Back