Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sony Vaio E Series (2012) - e.g. SVE1711X1EB

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the bios mod won't help you for this. I only installed mine to help get my graphics card working, which so far has been unsuccessful.

Are you using the USB 3.0 port on the left? If so, you must use a USB 2.0 port (on the right). Try using different ones.

The only other difference you have to me is that I assume that you are booting from the standard HDD? I have upgraded mine. I guess you could try removing your HDD and try booting, if it still doesn't work, at least it rules out the HDD as the problem.

If you still can't get it working, see here http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-lapt...waiting-root-device-ive-tried-everything.html I had the same issue. But deleting the kexts from the USB is not really recommended, you should try the other things first.

Hope this helps!

Thank you again! I used a USB 2 Slot! I have a ssd in my laptop. Without the ssd again no luck.
But in your other Forum(http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-lapto...verything.html) you said sth about the Kexts, but there`s no really result.
Can you explain me how I delete the kexts and wich of them?!

Hmm that's strange, you have the exact same laptop as me it should just work! To delete the kexts, in the USB, go to \Extra\Extensions. I found that deleting AppleACPIPlatform.kext worked for me. The 'Extra' folder on the USB is hidden so you'll need to show hidden files in Finder. After deleting it, you'll need to boot with '-f' to ignore the boot cache.

Good luck!

Hi
I have sony vaio sve1712q1ew
can i use this bios ????

Regards

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    825.6 KB · Views: 541
Sorry for the delay, not been on here much lately. I honestly have no idea. I'm not that clued up with bios's or bios mods, I just requested the unlock for my bios. You should make yourself aware of the consequences and do some research and ultimately make a decision.

Looking at the Sony support page, you have a D6 bios, mine is an E6. So it's definitely a different bios but as to how compatible they are...

I requested my unlock from www.bios-mods.com. You could request the unlock for your specific bios there or even ask the question over there, but it may take a long time (months) to get the unlock.

Hey, I noticed you said you won't provide a tutorial for Dual booting, but I'm having trouble finding a competent tutorial elsewhere. I'm using the same system as you, would you mind linking the tutorial you followed?

Also, thanks for the kexts, I was able to modify the DSDT with some help and got graphics working too.

Thanks.

Do you have the exact same model as me? With the 7650m graphics? PLEASE let me know what you did! I have spent a very very long time trying to get the graphics working with no luck.

Assuming you are planning on dual booting with Windows...

This is the guide I used: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/dual-boot-windows-7-and-os-x-snow.html

It's old and for Win7 and Snow Leopard but the guide is still good. Follow the guide exactly for steps 1 and 2 but when you come to install Windows you need to format your partition and then reboot back into the installer (at least for Windows 8 you do) otherwise it will say "windows can't be installed on this drive". And in step 3, the bit about setting the default drive, no need to do that anymore, MultiBeast sorts it all out for you. I just installed OSX as you normally would. I'm pretty sure you need to 1) Format and partition your drives, 2) Install Windows and THEN 3) OSX in that order otherwise Windows takes the boot partition and Chameleon/Chimera won't load.

The only downside to this method is you need to rebuild windows, it doesn't bother me but I've never looked into trying to save it. You need to reformat as OSX requires your drive to be GUID Partition Table and by default your Windows one will be MBR.

Let me know if you get stuck and please let me know about your graphics :)

gl

Do you have the exact same model as me? With the 7650m graphics? PLEASE let me know what you did! I have spent a very very long time trying to get the graphics working with no luck.

This is the guide I used: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/dual-boot-windows-7-and-os-x-snow.html

It's old and for Win7 and Snow Leopard but the guide is still good. Follow the guide exactly for steps 1 and 2 but when you come to install Windows you need to format your partition and then reboot back into the installer (at least for Windows 8 you do) otherwise it will say "windows can't be installed on this drive". And in step 3, the bit about setting the default drive, no need to do that anymore, MultiBeast sorts it all out for you. I just installed OSX as you normally would. I'm pretty sure you need to 1) Format and partition your drives, 2) Install Windows and THEN 3) OSX in that order otherwise Windows takes the boot partition and Chameleon/Chimera won't load.

The only downside to this method is you need to rebuild windows, it doesn't bother me but I've never looked into trying to save it. You need to reformat as OSX requires your drive to be GUID Partition Table and by default your Windows one will be MBR.

gl

I have the 2013 model, only significant difference is that I have the HD7670. I didn't mean to imply that I got the 7670 to work. I found a guide on a russian website, and spoke with the guy who said he had his completely operational. He had me dump my video bios and send it to him, with this we found that since my Radeon is integrated with my Intel graphics, I won't be able to enable it. I assume the same is true for your case. Instead, I have qe/ci and everything working with my Intel HD4000. I got help from a guy on ****** for my DSDT. We injected my ig-product-id into my dsdt, along with another string that I can put here if you want, that turns off my ATI card to save battery life. You might have to change the device id and such, but the same thing should work with a little modification. http://blog.stuffedcow.net/2012/07/intel-hd4000-qeci-acceleration/ - this is the guide for integrating the HD4000. Try several if you can't get it to work, but I used the 01660004 code, and that might work for you.
I was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall 8, but maybe I can get that all sorted out. Thanks for the reply. Let me know if you have any questions.

- - - Updated - - -

gl

I have the 2013 model, only significant difference is that I have the HD7670. I didn't mean to imply that I got the 7670 to work. I found a guide on a russian website, and spoke with the guy who said he had his completely operational. He had me dump my video bios and send it to him, with this we found that since my Radeon is integrated with my Intel graphics, I won't be able to enable it. I assume the same is true for your case. Instead, I have qe/ci and everything working with my Intel HD4000. I got help from a guy on ****** for my DSDT. We injected my ig-product-id into my dsdt, along with another string that I can put here if you want, that turns off my ATI card to save battery life. You might have to change the device id and such, but the same thing should work with a little modification. http://blog.stuffedcow.net/2012/07/intel-hd4000-qeci-acceleration/ - this is the guide for integrating the HD4000. Try several if you can't get it to work, but I used the 01660004 code, and that might work for you.
I was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall 8, but maybe I can get that all sorted out. Thanks for the reply. Let me know if you have any questions.

I'll post the code in my DSDT a bit later, I used DSDT Editor to fix mine. Also, have you tried the newest Vodoo Synaptics pad solution by rehab posted to this forum? I've been tinkering, but it's not quite working yet. Supposedly it supports swipe motion, and other functions, just trying to see if anyone has it fully working.

Thanks for the info, I got a little excited for a moment thinking you had the ATI card working :(. My HD4000 has no display output. I installed the bios mod and I turned off my ATI card in the bios, big mistake that was! I basically had to navigate the bios to turn the ATI card back on with no screen! So I pretty much gave up on the HD4000 card for qe/ci. I too have followed the same guides you have for enabling both cards, that Russian website I have found too. I have extracted my vbios, tried many a DSDT edit, basically done everything you said but I don't think it's going to work.

Congratz on your progress, my laptop is still under warranty.... hmmm.... lol

I have tried the synaptics kext from rehab very briefly once and had issues, I haven't tried it since. I recall losing my trackpad and mouse though and had to reinstall the original kexts using terminal. So if you do go for it, make sure you back up your kexts first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back