Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sony Vaio E Series (2012) - e.g. SVE1711X1EB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to get your hopes up. I just have one more question if you don't mind. Just ordered an AR9287 from Amazon, was just wondering if you could post your code to make it work? Thanks.

Just install the networking kext and it should just work out of the box :)

Awesome, Thanks.

Hey just letting you know I installed Rehabman's latest trackpad solution, and it works incredibly. Mouse response is amazing, 2 finger scroll, 3 finger swipes, 2 finger right clicks and everything. You should give it a shot if you're still looking for a better trackpad. Only things I still need to troubleshoot are my brightness keys/slider not being available, and my sound being very low. Do you know how to fix either of these? I already set VoodooHalfVolumeFix to true, but it's still a bit low. Thanks. Hope everything is working well.

Hey just letting you know I installed Rehabman's latest trackpad solution, and it works incredibly. Mouse response is amazing, 2 finger scroll, 3 finger swipes, 2 finger right clicks and everything. You should give it a shot if you're still looking for a better trackpad. Only things I still need to troubleshoot are my brightness keys/slider not being available, and my sound being very low. Do you know how to fix either of these? I already set VoodooHalfVolumeFix to true, but it's still a bit low. Thanks. Hope everything is working well.

First step for brightness slider is to add PNLF patch to DSDT. That should get you the slider. Whether it works or not is machine specific/luck:

Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
	Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
	Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
	Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
	Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

First step for brightness slider is to add PNLF patch to DSDT. That should get you the slider. Whether it works or not is machine specific/luck:

Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
	Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
	Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
	Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
	Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

Hey, thanks rehabman,
I actually got it to work well with the help of someone from r/hackintosh. The only other problem I had was that my display would only show full brightness after sleep/wake. I asked him about it and he pointed me to your thread with blinkscreen, which I installed through the probook installer.

Blinkscreen apparently fixes my audio too. Now my brightness and Audio work perfectly, both at full value.

So, thanks for that lol.

Hey, what did you use to get your audio all working? I currently am using the newest Voodoo driver, and half volume fix to get audio sounding decent, but it's still only about 75%. Every time my computer goes to sleep the audio goes down to like nothing. Is your audio fully functioning? I'd love to know how you did it.

Thanks.

PokeHerOne,
I have followed your Guide - all is nice. But i do not change screen resolution (i need 1366x768x32)

If you dont have a 1920x1080 screen res, use 'Chameleon Wizard' to set your screen res, or edit the chameloen.plist directly
This is not works for me. What i am doing wrong?

And second question - can i use your DSDT in my laptop? My bios version - R0200E5.

Hi sankarsana,

Looks like you have a different processor to me so I guess the DSDT won't work. You can always try it though, just dump it in the Extra folder and reboot. If you get problems booting and it doesn't look like it will work, boot with DSDT=null to boot without it and then you can remove it from the folder.

For the graphics, look inside your org.chameleon.boot.plist file (in extra folder, Multibeast should have created it, folder is hidden by default) and look for the key:

Code:
   <key>Graphics Mode</key>
   <string>1360x768x32@60</string>

And adjust the string to whatever your monitor screen res is. Alternatively, if the key 'Graphics Mode' is not present, just add it in. (Open the plist on text view otherwise it gets annoying) and then reboot.

gl

Hi, PokeHerOne!!!

Thanks for the answer. The most important issue for me is graphics. Yes, i've already tried to edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist file. But i had not result. I wrote :

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>

But the resolution was default. Visually, the res do not changed. Why???

And again, i wrote - <string>1366x768x32</string> , but you advise the <string>1360x768x32@60</string>. What does it mean?

I shell try 32@60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back