Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sonoma Upgrade on Dell XPS 9560 with OpenCore

I don't think it's an issue with OCLP. On my desktop system, everything works as usual. Though I did have to update the IOSkywalkFamily.kext to the latest version in order to get Wi-Fi working again. I have attached the latest one. But again, I couldn't trasnfer it to my laptop as USB doesn't work and I don't have access to Internet on it.

Attachments

• IOSkywalkFamily-v1.1.0.zip
    188.6 KB · Views: 8
@VladXPS, is everyhitng else working correctly on the system? I do not use this laptop on a regular basis so don't know whether everything is fully functional.
Yes,everything works fine - no problems

Just thought I'd mention it here if anyone is thinking about upgrading to 14.4.

Before installing the new update, make sure that the latest version of OCLP is installed. Then install the IOSkywalkFamily kext which is posted in Post #31.

Once these steps are performed, you can go ahead and install macOS 14.4 update.

Please advice, i have made the mistake to upgrade 14.4 with not previews update oclp and iosskywalk kext!
now im stack in broken startup, i have the selection screen choose a startup disk. when it starts loading stops and back in the beggining to select disk, (any previews system (in different disk) stack also)
Any idea what i can do to solve it?

Please advice, i have made the mistake to upgrade 14.4 with not previews update oclp and iosskywalk kext!
now im stack in broken startup, i have the selection screen choose a startup disk. when it starts loading stops and back in the beggining to select disk, (any previews system (in different disk) stack also)
Alternatively, you can write an image with Windows already installed on a flash drive (for example, Windows PE), boot from it and mount EFI from there. After that, add the updated EFI folder using Explorer++. It was a little easier for me - my second system has Windows installed and I’m done I did it through it when I couldn’t boot after the update.

If you have a Sonoma USB installer, you can put my original EFI folder on it and try booting with it.

Thank you for your response!
i made the usb as you said, and i had a boot with recovery options
from here i can't downgrade the sonoma and i continue to build a new disk sonoma startup system
(the installer is 14.1,1 release)
i need to downgrade the main system, is that right?

Last edited:
Not working, it stops when loading bar is about 1/3 and restart again

Back