Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
DISCLAIMER
This laptop is not my primary computer so I took the risk of upgrading to Sonoma. I was okay with starting from scratch if it did not work. If you would like to proceed with upgrading, make sure you back up all your data and have a working macOS Ventura USB installer media available if the need to revert back to it arises.

I disabled FileVault prior to upgrading. I beileve this is required in order to OCLp to install post-install root patches.

After upgrading, I am no longer able to enable FileVault. It is resulting in an error "Password Incorrect" when trying to enable FileVault from Preferences.

Once OCLP patch is applied, System Updates will no longer download incremental updates. It will download full OS updates.

PREREQUISITE
macOS Ventura running based on @InsaneCultist's guide. I also signed out of iCloud before making any changes to config.plist.

HARDWARE SPECS
  • i7-7700HQ
  • 4K UDH Display
  • Intel HD 630
  • Dell DW1560 (Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2)

CONFIGURATION

Config.plist

I switched the SMBIOS profile to MacBookPro15,1. Use GenSMBIOS to generate new values for SMBIOS and fill those value in the appropriate section of the SMBIOS in config.plist.

Kexts
All kexts have been updated to the latest version. I have also included kexts required to get Broadcom cards working after updating to Sonoma.

OCLP
To get Broadcom cards to work again, we have to use OCLP. Before upgrading to Sonoma, download the latest version of OCLP. You will not be able to do this after upgrading as Wi-Fi will not be working. I placed the app in the Applications folder.

UPGRADE
Once you have made changes to the SMBIOS, Software Update will show that Sonoma is available for install. it will take anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes for the upgrade to complete.

POST UPGRADE

Braodcom Wi-Fi Cards

Run OCLP, and select Post-Install Root Patch option. This option will list all the patches available for our system and in our case, there will only be one patch for Modern Wireless.

Once OCLP applies the patch, it will prompt to restart. Wi-Fi should now be working on the system.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21 MB · Views: 185
Last edited:
DISCLAIMER
This laptop is not my primary computer so I took the risk of upgrading to Sonoma. I was okay with starting from scratch if it did not work. If you would like to proceed with upgrading, make sure you back up all your data and have a working macOS Ventura USB installer media available if the need to revert back to it arises.

I disabled FireVault prior to upgrading. I beileve this is required in order to OCLp to install post-install root patches.

After upgrading, I am no longer able to enable FireVault. It is resulting in an error "Password Incorrect" when trying to enable FireVault from Preferences.

PREREQUISITE
macOS Ventura running based on @InsaneCultist's guide. I also signed out of iCloud before making any changes to config.plist.

HARDWARE SPECS
  • i7-7700HQ
  • 4K UDH Display
  • Intel HD 630
  • Dell DW1560 (Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2)

CONFIGURATION

Config.plist

I switched the SMBIOS profile to MacBookPro15,1. Use GenSMBIOS to generate new values for SMBIOS and fill those value in the appropriate section of the SMBIOS in config.plist.

Kexts
All kexts have been updated to the latest version. I have also included kexts required to get Broadcom cards working after updating to Sonoma.

OCLP
To get Broadcom cards to work again, we have to use OCLP. Before upgrading to Sonoma, download the latest version of OCLP. You will not be able to do this after upgrading as Wi-Fi will not be working. I placed the app in the Applications folder.

UPGRADE
Once you have made changes to the SMBIOS, Software Update will show that Sonoma is available for install. it will take anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes for the upgrade to complete.

POST UPGRADE

Braodcom Wi-Fi Cards

Run OCLP, and select Post-Install Root Patch option. This option will list all the patches available for our system and in our case, there will only be one patch for Modern Wireless.

Once OCLP applies the patch, it will prompt to restart. Wi-Fi should now be working on the system.
zip file is missing BOOT folder and BOOTx64.efi file

thank you for the guide, i m going to try this
a question , have you change anything in bios setup, from the @InsaneCultist's guide?

Success on my Dell XPS 9560, working grade so far, only the update take to much time to finish!
Thank you again!
Only the wifi is not working, also i notice, on restart is very slow, to be ready
Its weird that OCLP is not suggesting anything to change, it said "no patches required"
any thoughts?

i have the dw1560
no wifi, no bluetooth also i don't have usb devices, but from Hackintool it shows all devices
First i use yours with my config serial etc
Second try with changes and update to oc 096
the same result

I have updated the EFI folder. Please try the new one. I don't seem to have any issuss with USB devices. I plugged couple of USB drivers in the port next to power port and they did show up on Desktop.

Last edited:
Now is better, with your efi ,
i see the usb devices disks, but i dont have internet from the hub connection
- wifi open but dont work to scan or connect
- bluetooth working with a delay in startup to connect

Last edited:
Back