Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sonoma Upgrade on Dell XPS 9560 with OpenCore

Thank you for your help, but no luck for me
I think maybe is a system os error, so i'll try to downgrade-update the macos to 14.3
i'll make a boot usb installer with opencore legacy patcher 1.4.3 to reinstall the system to disk
What do you say?

Thank you for your help, but no luck for me
I think maybe is a system os error, so i'll try to downgrade-update the macos to 14.3
i'll make a boot usb installer with opencore legacy patcher 1.4.3 to reinstall the system to disk
What do you say?
We only use OCLP for patching Wi-Fi card on our system. Do not use it to create a USB installer. OCLP is meant to be used on real macs.

you are right,
i manage to download the os installer 14.4.1 on old system and install from there on top of previous damaged system and its fine now, fully working, so far
Thank you again for the help!

One thing I have also noticed is that the Card Reader no longer works. So I would recommend that both card reader kexts be disabled in config.
Thank you, i look for that.
Until now the system is stable, with only one problem (i think)
when the system is waiting, no task or anything else, holding in this state with no sleep function enabled , and after 30 minutes, start a task like open browser or program or folder open, or event menu activation, all mouse movement and finder response is on slow motion! the only way is restart!
Can you figure out what is wrong?

Just to inform you
All working well, as for the latest notes, the only think i have change is the "hibernation" to 0 (from 2) and also the proximity to 0 (from 1)
Thank you again CyCLoBoT

Everything is as expected, stable, no problems
Thank you, keep in touch as the system continuously updates

Back