Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro XE700T1C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I forgot about my usb

Touch is fine and accurate but Pen is way off calibration.

Wacom drivers install but in sys prefs "a supported tablet was not found on the system"

Edit - realized there was a separate calibration pulldown menu for pen in UPDD calibrate - x[

Ssdt

Wow. Hours spent getting SSDT properly injected...still has not been properly accepted but at least turbo states are being used BUT only up to x24. No matter what Ivybridge fix I use in ssdtPRgen.sh . P-States being used are 8,12,14,17,21,24.

Anyone else have this problem?

Despite this & knowing the 3317u clock is at 2.6 turbo, I OC'd the processor using Clover Configurator. CPU tab, Bus Speed khz. Currently using 112,500x24 = 2.7. Pretty Sweet :D Temps at rest hover at 42 degrees C & 70 deg C at x24 for a few minutes. Still 17W.

Ill attach my ssdtPRgen.sh output.
dmesg output
ssdt.dsl.text
Geekbench 3 result to show OC result.

i think the failure of -xcpm has to do with other acpi tables having more cpus . however if i delete them, i cannot compile the table via maciasl.

Attachments

• ssdt.dsl
    8.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 3.47.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 3.47.38 PM.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 114
  • dmesg.txt
    15.8 KB · Views: 165
  • ssdtPRgen.txt
    2 KB · Views: 119
Wow. Hours spent getting SSDT properly injected...still has not been properly accepted but at least turbo states are being used BUT only up to x24. No matter what Ivybridge fix I use in ssdtPRgen.sh . P-States being used are 8,12,14,17,21,24.

It is normal. According to Intel spec, top turbo states are only available with a single core active. Most of the time, both cores are active when running OS X.

Despite this & knowing the 3317u clock is at 2.6 turbo, I OC'd the processor using Clover Configurator. CPU tab, Bus Speed khz. Currently using 112,500x24 = 2.7. Pretty Sweet :D Temps at rest hover at 42 degrees C & 70 deg C at x24 for a few minutes. Still 17W.

Clover cannot overclock your CPU. The only thing you're doing is injecting incorrect information.

It is normal. According to Intel spec, top turbo states are only available with a single core active. Most of the time, both cores are active when running OS X.

Thank You for letting me know! I was getting OCD with it.

Clover cannot overclock your CPU. The only thing you're doing is injecting incorrect information.

interesting you say this. i thought I had read otherwise. http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/CPU
If no OC, why do "Clock Issues may Arise" . Also, the Clocks are slightly under clocked for initial install.

if i do an oem drop via iASL the ssdt displays the overclock on freq. bus. and turbo. ?

i attached a screen capture of HWmonitor and Intel Power Gadget. Interestingly, they differ in number. I would trust the Intel; however, the Geekbench scores change when I change the bus clocks in Clover Config!?

At any rate it doesn't really change things.

You are greatly appreciated sir, keep up the great work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 6.21.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 6.21.12 PM.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 134
Edit - delete double post

Last edited:
interesting you say this. i thought I had read otherwise. http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/CPU
If no OC, why do "Clock Issues may Arise" . Also, the Clocks are slightly under clocked for initial install.

"Clock issues" == OS X may not know how to interpret the data coming from the clock (I assume HPET). That is, real time as calculated from HPET may not be accurate due to inaccurate information regarding the actual clock speed as injected by Clover.

i attached a screen capture of HWmonitor and Intel Power Gadget. Interestingly, they differ in number. I would trust the Intel; however, the Geekbench scores change when I change the bus clocks in Clover Config!?

Of course it changes. The system is not able to accurately calculate elapsed time as it relates to real time due to incorrect information about the clock rate. This throws off benchmark results...

Hi all,

I was on mavericks 10.9.5 on my Ativ Smart XE700T1C, and when i updated my system to Yosemite, i got kernel panic at boot.
(cpu0)
I was able to boot without cache, but after some changes on kext, uefi driver and clover config, the system can't boot.

I try to boot to yosemite installer without success.
is it possible to have a resume of working config to install and boot yosemite ?

thanks !

@uninc: to you finally have a working ssdt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back