Register

[GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming-5
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi all, I have an emergency :( I cleaned it using this method one year ago and I tried it again but everything went wrong.

I have removed one registry that says DevPath BBS (UEFI Samsung Evo 960) then now I can't see Clover anymore or boot from this drive (SSD nvme). It is like it doesn't exists

I didn't delete anything called HD(1, etc) or anything that says HD, only PCIroot and BBS stuffs.

I have boot from emergency USB and I have tried to install Clover again on that drive (ESP) but it fails... Even if I install on root (not ESP) this drive won't boot anymore. If I go to BIOS it says "Windows UEFI (Samsung EVO 960)" while it should say "Clover UEFI (Samsung EVO 960)".

I guess I could start formating totally from by emergency boot and try to install again everything from scratch, but I would like to know what happened really. Could you help to understand what happened here? Is there any method to recover UEFI registry like I had or at least, re-install Clover at ESP (I guess this would fix this).

Thanks a lot for your advice and help,

Motherboard
MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU
i5-7600
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
Android
Despite being the one that started this thread, I am no expert on this. I would try resetting the CMOS on the board. If you decide to do this, make sure that your check your UEFI settings so that you can change them back manually after the CMOS reset.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming-5
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi all, I have an emergency :( I cleaned it using this method one year ago and I tried it again but everything went wrong.

I have removed one registry that says DevPath BBS (UEFI Samsung Evo 960) then now I can't see Clover anymore or boot from this drive (SSD nvme). It is like it doesn't exists

I didn't delete anything called HD(1, etc) or anything that says HD, only PCIroot and BBS stuffs.

I have boot from emergency USB and I have tried to install Clover again on that drive (ESP) but it fails... Even if I install on root (not ESP) this drive won't boot anymore. If I go to BIOS it says "Windows UEFI (Samsung EVO 960)" while it should say "Clover UEFI (Samsung EVO 960)".

I guess I could start formating totally from by emergency boot and try to install again everything from scratch, but I would like to know what happened really. Could you help to understand what happened here? Is there any method to recover UEFI registry like I had or at least, re-install Clover at ESP (I guess this would fix this).

Thanks a lot for your advice and help,
Despite being the one that started this thread, I am no expert on this. I would try resetting the CMOS on the board. If you decide to do this, make sure that your check your UEFI settings so that you can change them back manually after the CMOS reset.
Thank you for replying me... I have solved it anyway.

The problem was on EFI that was broken due my Clover terminal deletion (by my fault). I mean that deleting the wrong registry (BBS in my case) may break your EFI boot!

The solution was to install again CLOVER, but this is a problem if you don't have another bootable Mac USB flashdrive or rescue partition. I had, apart of this, another extra problem because CLOVER failed to install to ESP partition... The workaround is very simply. Just mount that EFI partition manually (I did it using Clover configurator), then I tried to install CLOVER again on that ESP and it worked... Finally, muy BIOS / UEFI detected it again and showed me that option for boot: UEFI: Samsung 960 EVO...