Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook
GA-Z170X-UD5 BIOS Version F22 solves the multiple boot volume entries in bios for this board. FYI. I used my windows gigabyte tool to install.
Just wanted to chime in and say i updated my bios from F5, to F22(d?) and it removed all the bogus entries, and solved the issue for me!

Cheers

Motherboard
Z370P D3
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630 + MSI GTX 710 2GB
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Hi,
All of this doesn't work for me. Because have 2 disks and after starting clover shell couldn't find the UEFI section before the clover it self. So i've downloaded an ubuntu live and bootet with usb then in terminal then
Code:
sudo apt-get install efibootmgr
then
Code:
sudo efibootmgr
mine was like that

Code:
BootCurrent: 0004
Timeout: 2 seconds
BootOrder: 2001,0002,,0000
Boot0000* Ubuntu
Boot0001* EFI Network 0 for HighSierraSSD
Boot0002* EFI Network 0 for MojaveSSD
remove (Ubuntu) with
Code:
sudo efibootmgr -b 0 -B
0* is the bootorder number of ubuntu Boot0000* Ubuntu

Motherboard
ga-b75-3dh
CPU
i7 3770k
I just installed
Hi,
All of this doesn't work for me. Because have 2 disks and after starting clover shell couldn't find the UEFI section before the clover it self. So i've downloaded an ubuntu live and bootet with usb then in terminal then
Code:
sudo apt-get install efibootmgr
then
Code:
sudo efibootmgr
mine was like that

Code:
BootCurrent: 0004
Timeout: 2 seconds
BootOrder: 2001,0002,,0000
Boot0000* Ubuntu
Boot0001* EFI Network 0 for HighSierraSSD
Boot0002* EFI Network 0 for MojaveSSD
remove (Ubuntu) with
Code:
sudo efibootmgr -b 0 -B
0* is the bootorder number of ubuntu Boot0000* Ubuntu

First of all, thanks. I have no access to UEFI-SHELL (doesn't work no matter what I tried) so I tried your method to remove an extra entry that was in the first place.

After that, Linux terminal told me that there was no boot order set. I can't set my efi partition to boot first using "bootmgr -o 0,1", it gives me "invalid argument.

Any advice?

(System is an I7-920, dx58so, 16gb RAM, RX560. I can boot fine if I manually selct the efi partition from bios one time boot menu)

Motherboard
GA-Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am on a Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H, I had something like 30 boot entries, I was getting really confused.
I do confirm that flashing the bios to the latest version F7 fixed the issue.
Thank you, super helpful thread.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-3DH
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX VEGA 56
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
6. When your have removed all entries that are not physical hard drives, type
Code:
exit
and press the return key. This will get you back to the main Clover screen. At this point, I would choose restart from the Clover choices and enter the BIOS to check if your work was successful.​
After checking in BIOS three (Edit: it was four, or three extra) instead of one UEFI option remain. I go through the same procedure of removing the extra options, but everytime the persistent boot options reappear in the bios. Any suggestions on what to do about that?​

Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI H81i
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
After checking in BIOS three instead of one UEFI option remain. I go through the same procedure of removing the extra options, but everytime the persistent boot options reappear in the bios. Any suggestions on what to do about that?​
Are they for three different partitions?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-3DH
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you Vulgo.

I was about to start installing Mojave on an SSD. The SSD had been erased and reformatted in Disk Utility on a different machine, so it was supposedly empty (and in one partition). This was was the only internal hard drive connected. I was starting up from a Flashdrive made with UniBeast.

I've now installed Mojave and everything seems in good working order. I'll try again, starting up from the SSD without the Flashdrive connected. Of course, after installing Mojave, now there are many options in Clover (FileVault Preboot, Mojave install preboot and a Recovery Partition, besides the one that is the correct Mojave one on the SSD. Do I really want to remove all those (well, not the Recovery one, I am sure)?

Motherboard
MSI H81i
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
besides the one that is the correct Mojave one on the SSD.
Preboot and Recovery are part of your macOS installation (they are also APFS volumes on a single container partition with the root volume), you can hide them from the Clover menu e.g. using Clover configurator

UEFI may generate 'UEFI' firmware boot menu options for any partition with an EFI folder, it's how it boots from removable media for example. Regarding post #1 the device path for these firmware-generated options won't necessarily start with HD in order to point to a physical disk. Options starting with HD are a short-form device path, firmware matches them to the full hardware device paths for whatever devices are connected at boot e.g. by partition UUID

I think the options you were originally trying to remove were added by Clover, it does that if you press a certain function key.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-3DH
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Clover shows four drives with the following texts:

"Boot Firevault Prebooter from Preboot" (icon shows APFS)
"Boot MacOS Install Prebooter from Preboot" (icon shows APFS)
"Boot MacOS from SSD_1" (icon shows APFS)
"Boot Recovery from Recovery" (icon shows Recovery)

And here's a screen photo from the Clover UEFI Shell:

shell.jpg

Options 01 and 02 are clearly on the SSD (main drive: a Kingston branded SSD), while options 00 and 03 do not reveal where they reside, at least not in plain text for humans.

Option 01 obviously corresponds to "Boot MacOS from SSD_1" as it's shown as an UEFI on the Kingston drive
Option 02 must correspond to "Boot Recovery from Recovery", I suppose
Options 00 and 03 I guess are the two Prebooter options

Notice the variable "Optional" - it says "N" for No on options 00 and 03, whereas it says "Y" for Yes on options 01 and 02.

I assume this is how it should be - and that I don't need to try to remove any of those four options. Is my assumption correct?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-3DH
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
One more (related?) thing that puzzles me is this: Earlier, when I was booting up from the UniBeast-created Mojave install Flashdrive, it said Clover v.4674, but now when I boot from the SSD it says Clover v.4769. Well, at least it's newer, but I am surprised that the two are not the same version of Clover ???

Last edited: