Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] ProBook 4340s: Ivy-Bridge i3-3110M | C4Y15EA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the 9280 off ebay, looks like it has the antenna clips? The guide says it's natively supported?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230798036698?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Yeah, AR9280 is natively supported. You have the correct one! And you see the small circles either side of the screw holes on the card? They are what the antenna clips into - congratulations :)

i just ordered this CD Rom replacement SATA Drive enclosure...cheap! To run the stock Win7 SATA drive for dual booting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281084629513

I can't believe it's so cheap to get the caddy! I imagined a mod like that would be a lot more, like the motherboard tray in the G5 mod is quite expensive. That's got me thinking now lol :)

Yeah, AR9280 is natively supported. You have the correct one! And you see the small circles either side of the screw holes on the card? They are what the antenna clips into - congratulations :)

I can't believe it's so cheap to get the caddy! I imagined a mod like that would be a lot more, like the motherboard tray in the G5 mod is quite expensive. That's got me thinking now lol :)

I guess nothing can ever just "work" for me LOL. I am posting this from the new WIFI card, but it absolutely refuses to connect to my main ATT Uverse Router. It tries to get a DHCP Address then assigns an APIPA address instead. I can't even connect manually using a static IP. I posted this from my backup $15.00 router which DHCP works fine on.

Edit - I figured it out. Nevermind...local issue.

Excellent guide mate :thumbup:
Also, is there anything left that is not functioning 100%?

Wired ethernet wasn't working properly until I installed LNX2MAC driver. That needs to be included in the probook Beta.

Hi.I really appreciate your work,thankd so much for this great guide.But im having a big big issue.I have installed ML 10.8.0 with unibeast 1.7 and upgraded to 10.8.3 ,installed Probook Indtaller and i always can not launch Google chrome(force close,crash) and more installed apps.I can not even install adobe flash too( "Can not load main bundle error") so ím stuck with it more than a week without a solution :(
My specs: hp probook 4340s,intel core i3 3120,12gb ram ddr3,intel hd g.4000.
Please help me ppl,i ´m out of idea ..
Ps: i also tried with 10.8.0 to run chrome or Adobe flash installer with same issue :( i really can not find out where the hell is problem :(

Wired ethernet wasn't working properly until I installed LNX2MAC driver. That needs to be included in the probook Beta.

ProBook installer already has lnx2mac, but we are considering replacing it with different realtek (Mieze's) kext.

Hi.I really appreciate your work,thankd so much for this great guide.But im having a big big issue.I have installed ML 10.8.0 with unibeast 1.7 and upgraded to 10.8.3 ,installed Probook Indtaller and i always can not launch Google chrome(force close,crash) and more installed apps.I can not even install adobe flash too( "Can not load main bundle error") so ím stuck with it more than a week without a solution :(
My specs: hp probook 4340s,intel core i3 3120,12gb ram ddr3,intel hd g.4000.
Please help me ppl,i ´m out of idea ..
Ps: i also tried with 10.8.0 to run chrome or Adobe flash installer with same issue :( i really can not find out where the hell is problem :(

Have you patched your DSDT?

Have you patched your DSDT?
Thx so much for your reply.Patc hed DSDT and im using only 4GB ram and seems to be solved but everytime after installing Probook Installer v6.1 beta 4 my touchpad lag like crazy.i can move the mouse but stutter,when i connect USB Mouse its normal again so i dotn know how to solve it.Can you help me please?

Thx so much for your reply.Patc hed DSDT and im using only 4GB ram and seems to be solved but everytime after installing Probook Installer v6.1 beta 4 my touchpad lag like crazy.i can move the mouse but stutter,when i connect USB Mouse its normal again so i dotn know how to solve it.Can you help me please?

If you are changing the amount of RAM in your machine, you must re-patch your DSDT with each change. DSDT is dependent on things like the amount of RAM installed.

And you should try an EC reset (after squaring your DSDT): shutdown, battery out, AC plug out, hold power button 60 sec, put everything back & restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back