Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] ProBook 4340s: Ivy-Bridge i3-3110M | C4Y15EA

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what is the model code of your laptop? Like mine is C4Y15EA - this is strange :(
Have you made any progress?

Mines a 4540s, I'm following Pete's guide as we speak. Will let you know. And I take that back, I selected i5 instead of i3 when I did mine, because I have the i5.

I have checked out the latest ProBook installer, Beta 4, there is no change to my guide thus far :thumbup:
I have just updated links to latest bios and installer

You might consider dropping the section on IOath3kfrmwr.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
Because the installer has up-to-date versions of these that work with 4x40s series.

No need to have people editing Info.plist when they don't have to...

Also, isn't capri frame buffer being patched by the Probook Installer?

And for best results, it is best to patch their own DSDT...

You might consider dropping the section on IOath3kfrmwr.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
Because the installer has up-to-date versions of these that work with 4x40s series.

No need to have people editing Info.plist when they don't have to...

Also, isn't capri frame buffer being patched by the Probook Installer?

And for best results, it is best to patch their own DSDT...

Yeah about that.. I've just installed Pacifist and started looking through the contents of OS X support kexts and realised more has changed than I thought! Has IOath3kfrmwr been updated with the values for AR3011 as it didn't work from the outset, I can check this out myself in a bit anyway.
EDIT: It has been updated :)

Time for more re-writing! On that note, after I edit my first post it disappears for a period of time and I can't see it.. Is that normal?

...On that note, after I edit my first post it disappears for a period of time and I can't see it.. Is that normal?
Yes. The Forum's SPAM filter kicks in for moderator approval of a post when there's a lot of links and/or special words are found in a post.

See my howto.

Pete

4540s, followed your installer EXACTLY to the T with no errors, kernel panic after I replace the extra folder, install all the kexts and reboot.

4540s, followed your installer EXACTLY to the T with no errors, kernel panic after I replace the extra folder, install all the kexts and reboot.

Did you use Probook installer 6 or 6.1? I had an issue recently and the only change I made was using 6.1, I'm wondering if that's the problem here? If you're using 6.1 try using the system definitions for a probook 8.2, it may be related to ivybridge support in the newer 6.1 version.

See this post too.....http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...whats-next-compatible-probook.html#post569880

Pete

When you get a KP, you need to take a photo or otherwise gather the information. Then, and only then, can someone make a guess at the issue.

It is like asking a mechanic "My car is not working. Can you fix it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back