Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Well I'm trying to follow this guide but I'm new to the Mackintosh world.

I got the original aml files from clover (by pressing F4 on clover) I've copied all files from \EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\origin
but only the ones that start with DSDT and SSDT as said in the guide.
I've downloaded the iasl to /usr/bin
and in the terminal I've navigated to the folder where I've copied the files (/Users/pedrocavaleiro/Desktop/origin)
and ran the command
Code:
iasl -da -dl *.aml
but I can not find the dsl files, I thought that they would be on the same folder, but they are not.

It's my first patch, I'm trying to get the battery status working

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2016-01-18, às 15.44.11.png
    Captura de ecrã 2016-01-18, às 15.44.11.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Captura de ecrã 2016-01-18, às 15.54.10.png
    Captura de ecrã 2016-01-18, às 15.54.10.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 83
Hey there,

I'm stuck again. I'm trying to get my Lenovo M30-70 to work. So I started creating my personal dsdt and ssdt's. I got my acpi files from the linux live system. Then I Used my virtual Mac Machine (Mountain lion) to decompile with iasl. Everythng worked and I got my .dsl files. Now I want to fix the erros with maciasl. There I searched for "syn" and got some hints, so I need to patch them. But how and how to determine which patch I need. I put my files in the attachment. Probably there will be some help...

Thanks

Thomas

First, fix all errors.

Apply "common patches" as recommended in post #1.

Note: Best to use Clover F4 extract.

Well I'm trying to follow this guide but I'm new to the Mackintosh world.

I got the original aml files from clover (by pressing F4 on clover) I've copied all files from \EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\origin
but only the ones that start with DSDT and SSDT as said in the guide.
I've downloaded the iasl to /usr/bin
and in the terminal I've navigated to the folder where I've copied the files (/Users/pedrocavaleiro/Desktop/origin)
and ran the command
Code:
iasl -da -dl *.aml
but I can not find the dsl files, I thought that they would be on the same folder, but they are not.

It's my first patch, I'm trying to get the battery status working

You can see you have an error in the disassembly process. As mentioned in the guide, it is due to to Clover F4 sometimes providing duplicates. Use 'ls -l' to determine the duplicate and remove one of them, so there are no duplicates. Duplicates will have the same file size. Then run 'iasl -da -dl *.aml' again.

Editing the file (dsdt.dst)
Instead of showing the unresolved dependencies it showed these ones

Code:
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PAUD.PUAM, MethodObj)    // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments    External (_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.DUAM, MethodObj)    // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments
    External (_SB_.TPM_.PTS_, MethodObj)    // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 1 arguments
    External (PS0X, MethodObj)    // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments
    External (PS3X, MethodObj)

Should I use the guessed ones?

Editing the file (dsdt.dst)
Instead of showing the unresolved dependencies it showed these ones

Code:
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PAUD.PUAM, MethodObj)    // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments    External (_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.DUAM, MethodObj)    // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments
    External (_SB_.TPM_.PTS_, MethodObj)    // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 1 arguments
    External (PS0X, MethodObj)    // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments
    External (PS3X, MethodObj)

Should I use the guessed ones?

Nothing wrong with the code above.

But usually it helps to move them after the other Externals.

First, fix all errors.

Apply "common patches" as recommended in post #1.

Note: Best to use Clover F4 extract.

Thx for your reply...I will use clover again and get my files..But I can't get in the guide how to fix an error. I have to look in the text with maciasl for the words in the guide like "syn", but what's to do? Some errors I can fix with deleting them, but how can I know which ones?

Thx for your reply...I will use clover again and get my files..But I can't get in the guide how to fix an error. I have to look in the text with maciasl for the words in the guide like "syn", but what's to do? Some errors I can fix with deleting them, but how can I know which ones?

There are patches in my laptop repo for many common errors. Which ones you need to use depends on the error you have.

Back