Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Attachments

• files_problem_reporting.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Thank you for your help.
Here is all my files for problem reporting.
After move my DSDT patched to acpi/patched, and set DropOem to true, boot fail, and stay on "waiting for root device".

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
DropOem=true is only valid if you have all OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched. You have none. You should set DropOem=false.

And you cannot have unbalanced renames. You renamed GFX0->IGPU in DSDT, but did not do the same for all SSDTs.
Best to do renames with config.plist, that way you don't have to include OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

See guide for correct starter plist:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
DropOem=true is only valid if you have all OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched. You have none. You should set DropOem=false.

And you cannot have unbalanced renames. You renamed GFX0->IGPU in DSDT, but did not do the same for all SSDTs.
Best to do renames with config.plist, that way you don't have to include OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

See guide for correct starter plist:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thank you for your reply so I will patch all.

Thank you very much !

Hi rehabman

I would like to know related with discussion on this thread.
Is it mandatory to generate ACPI dsdt and ssdt even my machine have been runs el capitan correctly with almost all of function that worked including the sound, frame buffer, usb, etc?
What is the risk with my running system if i don't generate and patch the ACPI?
Sorry if my questions are very basic for you.

Hi rehabman

I would like to know related with discussion on this thread.
Is it mandatory to generate ACPI dsdt and ssdt even my machine have been runs el capitan correctly with almost all of function that worked including the sound, frame buffer, usb, etc?
What is the risk with my running system if i don't generate and patch the ACPI?
Sorry if my questions are very basic for you.

You can accomplish much of what you need to accomplish with regard to ACPI patching with Clover hotpatch (config.plist settings).

I use hotpatch for all my hacks. And my guide plists provide many common patches by default.

No idea what you're doing, as you didn't attach any "Problem Reporting" files.

Hi.
I have a problem...
When I put my patched DSDT.aml file to acpi/patched folder, I can't boot the OS
It happens when I use gfx0 --> igpu patch..
and in verbose mode it stuck at this line(picture attached)

(picture attached)
2017-09-26 16.06.02.jpg

Hi.
I have a problem...
When I put my patched DSDT.aml file to acpi/patched folder, I can't boot the OS
It happens when I use gfx0 --> igpu patch..
and in verbose mode it stuck at this line(picture attached)

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Back