Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Is your touchscreen USB or I2C?
As far as I don't see the touchscreen in lsusb output, I suppose it is I2C.
I attached all the required files as well as output of lsusb and xinput --list
At the moment I'm having a problem with the USB. With the MacBookPro13,3 definition sleep works normally, but I don't see some USB devices and bluetooth doesn't wake up. With the MacBookAir6,2 definition I see all USB devices but have an instant wake problem.
Your help will be very much appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• dima’s HP Envy.ioreg.zip
    578.9 KB · Views: 73
  • patchmatic -extract.zip
    83 KB · Views: 87
  • CLOVER.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 76
  • terminal commands.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 89
As far as I don't see the touchscreen in lsusb output, I suppose it is I2C.

You should verify in Windows.
I2C touchscreens, for the most part, are not supported (read FAQ for further info on I2C).

I attached all the required files as well as output of lsusb and xinput --list
At the moment I'm having a problem with the USB. With the MacBookPro13,3 definition sleep works normally, but I don't see some USB devices and bluetooth doesn't wake up. With the MacBookAir6,2 definition I see all USB devices but have an instant wake problem.
Your help will be very much appreciated, thank you.

ACPI not patched correctly. Read post #1.

See USB guides linked from the FAQ.

You should verify in Windows.
I2C touchscreens, for the most part, are not supported (read FAQ for further info on I2C).

It is definitely I2C. I checked this out in Windows. Will try to use VoodooI2C

ACPI not patched correctly. Read post #1.

See USB guides linked from the FAQ.
What's wrong in my DSDT patching? I've just enabled the battery indicator.

What's wrong in my DSDT patching?

Since you have the wrong files in ACPI/patched, I didn't check much else.
The new/current technique would leave all SSDTs out of ACPI/patched as most computers do not require patching the SSDTs (with appropriate settings in config.plist).
You might look at current guide plists...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

But if you're going to patch SSDTs (eg. put them in ACPI/patched), you should make sure you put all of them there (except dynamic ones, of course) and have the required settings in config.plist (DropOem=true, SortedOrder to specify order).

Since you have the wrong files in ACPI/patched, I didn't check much else.
The new/current technique would leave all SSDTs out of ACPI/patched as most computers do not require patching the SSDTs (with appropriate settings in config.plist).
You might look at current guide plists...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

But if you're going to patch SSDTs (eg. put them in ACPI/patched), you should make sure you put all of them there (except dynamic ones, of course) and have the required settings in config.plist (DropOem=true, SortedOrder to specify order).

I removed all the ssdt files from ACPI/patched and left only DSDT and SSDT-PluginType1. Nothing's changed. Still don't see some USB with MacBookPro13,3 and have instant wake with MacBookAir6,2.

How to determine a patch must implement for os x (e.g. GFX0 -> IGPU)? Is there an official guide? Or reverse engineering from a KEXT? Or extract ACPI from a real mac?
I wanna know ACPI code related to AWDL (apple wireless).

How to determine a patch must implement for os x (e.g. GFX0 -> IGPU)? Is there an official guide? Or reverse engineering from a KEXT? Or extract ACPI from a real mac?
I wanna know ACPI code related to AWDL (apple wireless).

It is just reverse engineering...
For example, just by looking at an ioreg of a real Mac, you can see that all Macs with integrated Intel GPU use IGPU, not GFX0. And if you dig a little further into the system kexts you see why... (AGPM matches has dependencies on the name IGPU).

It is just reverse engineering...
For example, just by looking at an ioreg of a real Mac, you can see that all Macs with integrated Intel GPU use IGPU, not GFX0. And if you dig a little further into the system kexts you see why... (AGPM matches has dependencies on the name IGPU).
Extract ACPI files from a real Mac also get equivalent results? Does my clover usb installer can plug to real mac then extract ACPI files without brick it?

Extract ACPI files from a real Mac also get equivalent results? Does my clover usb installer can plug to real mac then extract ACPI files without brick it?

You can extract ACPI files from a Mac with the same methods that are possible on a hack (Windows RW-Everything, AIDA64; OS X patchmatic -extract; Clover F4; Linux /sys/firmware/acpi/tables).

Back