Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

The person who installed in the patched folder of clover my samsung notebook used a file ssdt.aml and ssdt-1 aml, but I understand that for the cpu only ssdt is used. Could you tell me the reason why I use both ?. In the past when maverick was installed, only the ssdt.aml file was used, but in ssdt-1.aml it does not refer to the "_PCT, XPSS and _PSD" methods..

Could you give me a brief explanation ?, I would appreciate it, if it is in your possibilities.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    34.1 KB · Views: 128
  • SSDT.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 72
  • SSDT-1.aml
    2 KB · Views: 82
  • config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
The person who installed in the patched folder of clover my samsung notebook used a file ssdt.aml and ssdt-1 aml, but I understand that for the cpu only ssdt is used. Could you tell me the reason why I use both ?. In the past when maverick was installed, only the ssdt.aml file was used, but in ssdt-1.aml it does not refer to the "_PCT, XPSS and _PSD" methods..

Could you give me a brief explanation ?, I would appreciate it, if it is in your possibilities.

It is best to keep all OEM SSDTs and add SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh, unless you find one or more of the OEM SSDTs cause a problem.

It is best to keep all OEM SSDTs and add SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh, unless you find one or more of the OEM SSDTs cause a problem.

I followed your guide of clover and successfully install on my Dell xps13, Hd4000, series 7, that indicates that the usb was created very well ..

But when trying to install it on my samsung np300 HD3000, series 6, logically fitting the config, plist, and kext, I did not get the system boot from the Macintosh HD disk, even when I install it in legacy, the system only boot starts with The usb connected.

The error it gives me is black screen flicker, and when I choose to boot the hard disk is left in the apple logo, try the vervose -v mode, but what comes out on the screen are a few points similar to this .................................................. ..................................................

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 95
I followed your guide of clover and successfully install on my Dell xps13, Hd4000, series 7, that indicates that the usb was created very well ..

But when trying to install it on my samsung np300 HD3000, series 6, logically fitting the config, plist, and kext, I did not get the system boot from the Macintosh HD disk, even when I install it in legacy, the system only boot starts with The usb connected.

The error it gives me is black screen flicker, and when I choose to boot the hard disk is left in the apple logo, try the vervose -v mode, but what comes out on the screen are a few points similar to this .................................................. ..................................................

Open a separate thread.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, please fill out your profile as requested in the FAQ.

Hi guys, I've got an hp envy 17 touchscreen laptop and, replacing the wifi to Broadcom, installed 10.12.4 on it. Almost all works fine and now I'm going to fix a battery indicator. For that I need to fix dsdt. I collected all the .aml files from Clover/f4 and tried to compile dsdt.dsl out of them using the latest iasl from RehabMan's repository like this:
iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
At this time I've got an error, however, if I remove ssdt-11.aml, compilation goes without errors.
The question is if it is safe to compile a dsdt.dsl without this ssdt-11.aml or not? And if not, how can I fix this error?
The collection of all the .aml files is attached.
Thank you.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    87.1 KB · Views: 72
Hi guys, I've got an hp envy 17 touchscreen laptop and, replacing the wifi to Broadcom, installed 10.12.4 on it. Almost all works fine and now I'm going to fix a battery indicator. For that I need to fix dsdt. I collected all the .aml files from Clover/f4 and tried to compile dsdt.dsl out of them using the latest iasl from RehabMan's repository like this:
At this time I've got an error, however, if I remove ssdt-11.aml, compilation goes without errors.
The question is if it is safe to compile a dsdt.dsl without this ssdt-11.aml or not? And if not, how can I fix this error?
Thank you.

Your profile has no details on this Envy laptop...
Please fix, as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you.

Your native files were built with a relatively new iasl (they have External opcodes embedded). No need to use '-da'...
You can disassemble with: iasl -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

Back